What do you see yourself doing five years from now? I'll be on a mission teaching a bunch of people, unless Jordan dies then Mom and Dad say I don’t have to go.
What do you do when you feel bored? Nothing because we don’t have a football to toss around and because Ben is always doing homework.
Who is your hero and Why? Ben is my goal. If I can keep up with him and catch up to where he is then I know I am at where I should be. Dad is my hero.
Do you have a favorite movie? Yes, Interstellar. It blew my mind.
What music makes you particularly happy? Awesome classical music.
How do you handle stress? I don’t get stressed. No, I just figure out the situation and try to handle it because I shouldn’t get stressed in middle school because then real life might just kill me.
Do you like to read? I do like to read. My favorite book would be Dune.
What qualities do you admire in other people? Kindness, athleticism and willingness to jump in and help. I also admire friendly people.
How would you describe your own personality? Confident, willing to risk things and put myself out there and friendly and kind. (As a mom I would say he’s driven. He just agreed with me that this is true so I’m putting it in.)
What was your worst moment this year? It was definitely when I had climbed for six hours through a blizzard to ski down Naked Lady Couloir with Dad and Ben only to look around to assess the staging area and noticed my ski had gone down without me. In other words, I knocked down one of my skis with my backpack when I turned around to look at something and had to climb back down while Dad and Ben skied.
What did you learn from this? To pay attention.
What was your best moment/moments this year? My best moments this year were being able to keep up with Dad mountain biking and climbing and skiing my first 3000 foot line on Burwell.
What made those moments so good? Spending time with my Dad and being able to keep up with him.
What are you the most proud of that you accomplished last year? I'm most proud of the way I wrestled at Salina wrestling camp this summer.
What are some of your goals for this next year? I would like to make some more friends, do well in school, place at middle school state in wrestling and ski Silver Bowl.
Would you want to be famous? No because famous people are too full of themselves. I don’t know, it depends. Movie star famous, no. Eli Tomac famous, yes. I’d never want to get too big of a head.
Do you consider yourself a leader? Yes. If the lead needs to be taken I’ll take it.
What is your favorite family recipe? Apple crisp.
What are your favorite family traditions? Playing together on Saturdays.
What career or job do you want to have one day? I would like to be an orthopedic surgeon.
What is your favorite thing to do outdoors? Kayak.
What makes you laugh? Dad and funny jokes.
What makes you angry? When Ben acts like he’s Dad.
What makes you most afraid? The mountain lion that lives near us. I don’t want to end up like the deer that Blue brings body parts home from.
What do you enjoy doing for fun? For fun, playing with Dad.
What is your favorite color? Blue.
What do you dream about? Having a good wife and children and being successful. Also having a corvette stingray.
What would your perfect day look like? My perfect day would be starting the day with a pedal and beating Ben on the bike ride and ending the day with a paddle down the river park at high flows. Then spending the night with my family.
Is there anything else you want to say before we sign off from the interview? Live long and prosper.
No comments:
Post a Comment