So, what quarantine activities have we been participating in?
Brad has been moving dirt and making rock cairns and carving initials into rocks and teaching the children to carve their initials into rocks.
Why? Well, because when moving dirt to make our driveway more parking friendly he found this rock:
I'm actually pretty impressed with the way it is turning out.
We are going on family hikes to cool places we wouldn't normally be able to go to:
While we're there we pose for pictures:
And pretty soon posing turns in to flexing:
Which with 4 boys turns into more flexing:
Which turns into a competition of whose muscles are the biggest:
Which somehow always leads to shirts off. It's just the way things are.
This is the guys that takes us there and takes most of these pictures. I love him.
He still makes me laugh:
We bike ride and mountain bike ride:
We do puzzles and watch the office. We moto, back country ski (well, the boys do) and when the boys back country ski or moto Kenzie, Blue and I go on more hikes.
I'm so grateful it is spring right now and we have good weather during this quarantine.
While we are enjoying being together I have to admit that stresses can still be high and there have been more quarrels, arguments and wrestling. And, sometimes, when our sister pushes us too much about the chore chart, the chore chart gets ripped up....ahem (Ben).
Today is Easter. I did get the house decorated...on Thursday. It was a little late, but it was done.
The last picture is of some cards my mom sent the kids that she made. They are so cute. I'm grateful it was Easter today. I need the hope of the resurrection to get me through this time. I need to have faith that things can be restored to how they once were. I need to know the Savior can heal all things. I'm sure I've shared this scripture before, but I am going to share it once again today. I may have even told the following story before in my blogs. Maybe, maybe not. If I have and I am repeating myself, I apologize. One of my favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon is Alma 7:11-12. It says, "And he ( speaking of Jesus Christ) shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities." I love this scripture because when I was in Argentina serving an 18 month mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints I became really ill. I was so ill I ended up going to the hospital and was diagnosed with pneumonia. The night I went to the hospital I was at home and I was having difficulty breathing. I was far away from home, really sick and really scared. My companion, Hermana Zavala, was trying to calm me and was wiping down my forehead with a cloth trying to cool my temperature. She read me this scripture that night and immediately, while I was still scared, I felt the power of these words speak to me. The Savior knew me, he knew exactly what I was going through at that time, he knew how I felt and if I turned to him, he knew how to succor me. That is the most wonderful thing about the atonement of the Savior, he knows everything we go through because when he was in the Garden of Gethsemane he felt what we feel. Not only sin, but sickness and sorrow too. The atonement culminated in his resurrection. I spoke with my children today, around the breakfast table about the celebration of Easter. We discussed what Lent was, what Palm Sunday was, what good Friday was and what Easter celebrated. In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we focus on the resurrection. We focus on the fact that he lives and saves us.
One of my favorite hymns says (by the way music is one of the mediums that makes me feel close to the Savior):
I know that my Redeemer lives.
What comfort this sweet sentence gives.
He lives, he lives who once was dead.
He lives my ever living head
He lives to bless me with his love.
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed.
He lives to bless in time of need.
He lives to grant me rich supply.
He lives to guide me with his eye.
He lives to comfort me when faint.
He lives to hear my soul’s complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
He lives all blessings to impart.
What a wonderful blessing to us that Jesus Christ lives. On this Easter Day, 2020 let us lift our praise and thanks to him who lives and overcame all things. I believe in Christ and I am grateful for the opportunity to celebrate his resurrection this day. I am in need of the hope it offers and am grateful for the renewal it gives.












No comments:
Post a Comment