Monday, April 20, 2020

Jakers

Jake,

You are my youngest child and age wise, not grade wise, you are also the furthest apart from your next sibling.  You and Riley are 30 months apart and everyone else is between 18 months and 24 months apart.  You may not think that makes much of a difference, I didn't think it would when I planned to have you then (yes, you were planned and perfectly timed) but it does.  Especially because Ben and Riley are so close in age (18 months) so Riley appears to be able to keep up with Ben better than you can keep up with Riley.  I just wanted you to know, that while you are growing, six months - 1 year extra makes all the difference.  It has been hard for you to keep up with Ben and Riley but you are persistent and patient.  You keep trying and trying and trying and so far, in everything that you have kept trying at, you have begun to see some rewards whether it is school or athletics.  Keep on being persistent and patient.

You were born at the end of dental school in Las Vegas, Nevada.  When you came home, we had a crazy week because Jordan, Kenzie, Ben or Riley had flushed a sock down our toilet and clogged up our sewer system.  I will never forget that because literally sewer backed up into our showers...yuck!...and I had to shower at my friend's house.






You were such a happy and easy baby.  That helped me so much because your first five years were full of moves.  We moved a lot during those times.  In fact, we moved a total of 7 times between the time you were born and the time you were 5.    Your sweet nature made those moves easier.


You are so gifted musically.  I know I always tell you that but you truly are.  I hope you use this gift.  It is not something that you are really trying to develop right now and I hope that means you're not done with it.  From the time you were born you could pick up a tune and have it right.  Remember the Death Star March from Star Wars, you would hum it all the time as a little boy.  All the songs we listened to at home you would learn to sing (You've got to have heart).  You play the guitar so well, you were able to pick up the piano easily.  Really, those are not gifts most people have.  Use them.


You like to be funny.  You are probably my child who tries to keep us laughing the most.  This got you into trouble a little bit in 4th grade and even sometimes seems to get you in trouble now because you are learning what is appropriate and what it not.  Keep developing that sense of humor it will take you far in life.





You are sensitive and that is okay.  Definitely my most sensitive child.

You are kind.  You are kind to those younger and those older and those your age.  It makes me proud the way you treat others.

Being the youngest in our family isn't easy.  I think in most families it is because the youngest is always a little spoiled, but in our family, you have to keep up with the others and that has been hard.  It will pay off Jake.  Keep that positive attitude, that sense of humor and that persistence and keep developing your musical talent.  It doesn't have to be my way, but you should develop it. 



I love you.  I'm proud of you.  I'm glad you completed our family.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment