Here is the rest of the good news for this week:
Kenzie started working with Jordan at Genesis Landscaping. I'm glad she got this job because I'm not sure how many jobs will be available this summer so it's good that she has one secured now. It is long, hard, hot labor but she likes it. Week 1 under her belt.
We got some bees and are becoming beekeepers. Yep, you read that right. Both Jake and Riley are studied up on the science of beekeeping and are quite the experts. I guess right now the bees are gluing their hive together.
I am thinking of getting some chickens and Brad wants a pig. We're basically farmers.
3 out of my 4 lilac bushes survived their first year. I figure it only gets better from here.
Since we worked so much this week there was only one day left to play and play we did. Kind of. After chores, which always take longer than we want, we went rock climbing as a family yesterday afternoon.
Ben had some big moments as he led on the climb and also cleaned up at the end and repelled himself down. I won't lie. When I knew he was going to be repelling himself down I greatly feared death but Brad, always the teacher, made sure he knew his stuff and Ben cleaned it like the champ he is.
The boys belayed a lot for each other:
so Brad got to pose for a lot for pictures, with Kenzie:
With Blue:
And just by himself because his mustache, as he said, "is so sexy":
Okay, the first one he wasn't posing. It's a picture I snapped of him randomly. Then, when he saw the picture and his mustache he wanted more.
Of course Brad wasn't the only one posing. Blue posed by himself:
and with Riley (albeit not so willingly at first):
I posed a little with Riles and Kenzie too. I'm always in need of proof of life (evidence I'm actually there) for pictures I'm taking.
I tell you, family time is always good time. Love these guys.





No comments:
Post a Comment