We got a pig.
How you ask? Kenzie and Brad, when they combine forces they are unstoppable and even though Ben and I were adamant that we not get the pig, guess who won? Is it about winning? Probably not.
What did we name her? Pig. I know it is creative.
But now Brad can say, "That will do pig."
Really it really is just like the movie, Babe. Pig even thinks Blue is her mother.
I'm not sure why we got a pig. The bees are keeping us busy enough. Well, really they keep Riley and Jake busy. That was the deal. Bees only if the bees were the duty of the children and not my duty. So far they are doing a pretty good job being beekeepers. They are pretty darn cute in their bee suits if you ask me.
Jordan is having way too much fun with the smoker in that picture, right?
Speaking of fun, Brad is having a lot of fun growing this:
He thinks he looks like a movie star with it. I'll let you decide.
We began our seasonal river rafting these last couple of weeks. We were all so happy to spend time on the river again.
Brad, of course, can't choose easy lines so he chose the hardest line on the river and surfed a while, like 5 minutes a while. I was SUPER glad I decided to portage for this set of waves but did worry quite a bit about their safety when Brad shouted out "high-side!" to instruct the children where to go to not flip. Cold, COLD water if they flipped.
Riley got to meet his favorite professional athlete, Eli Tomac, this last week. We have a friend who sometimes works on his ranch and who invited Riley to work with him for the day. Riley had no idea when he said yes that they would be headed out to Eli's place. He was so excited!!!
He even gave him a personalized signed jersey that Riley hung up on his bedroom wall as soon as he got home. Thanks Eli and thank you John!
Finally to the little bit of reality.
Star Wars worship exists in my family. You can tell when 99% of the memes they send to each other are Star Wars themed:
Yes, I do get nervous still when my kids drive, even my older children. Kenzie sent this to me and it's spot on.
I love it when I find things like this that allows me to peak into my children's minds for a little bit. This is from Jake. I especially like his chillin' suggestions.
I get mad at my kids when they don't do what I ask as is evident from this picture:
Look how much he is smiling to get me to break a little. I wasn't breaking Jordan. He brought Kenzie into the game to get me to soften a little:
And even though at the time I didn't soften, I do feel soft now and love these pictures.
These kids, I just adore them. When I find selfies on my phone or they send me a meme like this out of the blue:
they make my mama heart melt.







No comments:
Post a Comment