Who is your favorite band or solo artist? Blues Travelers. I really like the song Run Around. It may have been written about me. I give people the run around sometimes.
What do you see yourself doing five years from now? In five years I'll be eight or 40 in dog years. I'll be slowing down a bit, but I'll still play with Brad...and Jake, he'll still be home for a little longer. Jake will take me everywhere in the green truck just like the driving kids do now. We'll be best buddies.
What do you do when you feel bored? Bark at birds. Bark at the mailman. Bark at anything or anyone that comes down our driveway. Bark at bears. Just bark really. And chase the cats or hunt lizards.
Who is your hero and Why? Buck, the dog from Call of the Wild. I watched the movie through the family room window and felt pretty inspired. I'm training my humans for the day I leave them little by little by disappearing when it is bedtime and disappearing more in the daylight recently.
Do you have a favorite movie? Lord of the Rings. I watched it once in the garage with my humans. The orcs were scary but I was brave and barked at them to protect my family.
What music makes you particularly happy? Songs like Who Let the Dogs Out...(hee, hee)
What music makes you particularly happy? Songs like Who Let the Dogs Out...(hee, hee)
How do you handle stress? I hide in my doghouse. Sometimes one of my humans, Brad, shoots loud guns and that really sets me off. I want to be near someone or in my dog house.
Do you like to read? I'm a dog. I don't know how to count, much less read.
What qualities do you admire in other people? Good petting skills, good food sharing skills and the ability to assert oneself.
How would you describe your own personality? I'm pretty laid back most of the time except when I'm protecting my humans at home. Even then, in reality, I'm all bark and no bite. I'm pretty social and have lots of friends. At night I'm a party animal. I love to stay up late.
What was your worst moment this year? When Kenzie brought me down a class 3 rapid and I got scared, jumped out of the ducky and landed myself and Kenzie in the river. I realized once I fell in that I'd much rather be in the boat, which was now upside down (my bad). I keep reviewing it in my mind now...if I had only listened to her in the first place. Heading into the rapid she looked me right in the eyes and said, "No matter what happens Blue stay in the boat. You hear me? Stay in the boat." As soon as I knew I was in trouble though, I looked to Kenzie to save me, followed her directions to come and swam to her side. I do not like water. I do not like swimming. I do like Kenzie though so I got back in the ducky when she saved me despite the trauma of the moment.
What was your best moment/moments this year? When I hiked Silver. I went up and down and up and down and up and down herding my human family making sure they reached the summit. I may have over done it because then I puked. I loved every moment anyway.
What are you the most proud of that you accomplished last year? When I became Brad's snow hound on my first back country ski trip. Before that I thought he liked me but I wasn't quite sure. Now I know I hold a special place in his heart. He even has saved a video of me on his phone.
What are some of your goals for this next year? I would love to learn to fly so I can catch more birds. I want to tree more bears. I want to stop treating the cats like they are large chew toys, my humans don't like that. I want to make people scared of me like the mailman. I want them to see me as HUGE not soft, and fluffy and fun. Maybe I should start lifting weights with my humans. Then they'll all take me more seriously.
Would you want to be famous? I am famous.
Do you consider yourself a leader? Yes. I lead packs of dogs all the time. Recently I led a pack of dogs and I'm pretty sure we treed a mountain lion. I mean, I didn't get a picture or anything but we were barking for a long time.
What is your favorite family recipe? The meat. The meat one.
What are your favorite family traditions? Hide and go seek at bedtime. I hide and they try to find me for two hours. I love it. They love it. We play every night. Although sometimes they start playing before I even know we are playing and sometimes they cheat and lure me out of my hiding spot with yummy smelling treats.
What career or job do you want to have one day? Guard dog or bear trapper...perhaps ski patrol rescue dog.
What is your favorite thing to do outdoors? Nap.
What makes you angry? Birds. I HATE birds, especially since they can fly away. How fair is that game?
What makes you most afraid? Water. I had lots of bad interactions with the hated element as a pup. I still have PTSD from when I was a just a youngling and they made me cross a creek. Another time they made me get in a kayak with Jordan and he almost made me die. Oh, and then Kenzie put me in a tube and pushed me into an eddy. I was fine but it was a near death experience. All these terrifying incidents before the age of 3 months. Wouldn't water be your fear too?
What do you enjoy doing for fun? Playing fetch. When they throw the stick I get it and won't give it back, then they have to fetch me like I fetch the stick. Then they stop playing and say I have to learn to give the stick back but I haven't yet and they still play.
What is your favorite color? Blue. No wait, yellow. No, blue.
What do you dream about? I have this recurring dream. I'm in a meadow of endless grass. The sun is shining and my friend Archie is there. We run through the grass like wild dogs. There are chickens everywhere, hiding in the grass, startled out by our activity. I jump, catching one in my mouth. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Before my dog self can enjoy my sweet treat I've caught, I awake to Jake opening my dog house door.
What is your greatest talent? Well, people say I have an extremely long tongue. It is too long to fit inside my mouth. My greatest talent is licking someone unexpectedly. I love to especially get them right on the smacker. Some don't like it, especially my human mom, but the kids love it.
What would your perfect day look like? I wake up. I am not in my doghouse because they let me stay out to chase bears all night and didn't even get mad when I barked at 5 am. Everyone comes outside to say hello to me, fourteen adoring human hands giving me pets and scratches. Brad tells me he loves me. We go waterskiing and they let me in the boat, but I don't have to get in the water. I just sit magnificently in the front of the boat, the figurehead they've always needed.
We get home and they cook dinner but feed it all to me. Archie comes over and we tree a bear together.
Any final words? Yes, I would like thank all my humans who gave me a voice for this interview. Especially Mckenzie who really, truly seems to understand me the best.














No comments:
Post a Comment