Saturday, October 3, 2020

Heavy Weight

 Jake and Brad love rocks.  Brad will usually bring a backpack and anyone that has a special rock that they find on one of our adventures can put the rock in the backpack and Brad will hike it out.

Today, when Jake, Brad and I went on our hike, Brad left the backpack but Jake and he found a really cool rock.  The rock probably weighed about 45 lbs and we had to carry it 2 1/2 miles out.  Jake was determined that he would be the one to do that the whole way.


He made it about 1/2 mile when Brad said he would carry it for him until the very last hill we had to climb out.  Sometimes I can't believe how much Brad loves the kids.  He made a makeshift backpack with Jake's sweatshirt and hiked it out about 2 miles.  Then the last 1/2 mile Jake and I took turns every 100 steps to get it out of the canyon.  

Here are some lovely pictures from our trip:

My favorite Burger place:



Brad and Jake before we headed down into the canyon


Some of my favorite scenery from the hike:





And a selfie of me with Jake:


We also went to some hot springs but I left my phone in the car so no pics of that.

The fall colors were beautiful.

What else....

Look at our cute kittens.

I call the person holding this cat the cat whisper.  Look how relaxed that kitten is in this picture:

Seriously, did I tell you how cute they are?  Let me show you.



Here is the sad news about the kittens this week.  Our runt, Magneto, died today.  I wondered if he was going to survive.  I tried to sneak it food all the time because it was about 1/4 the size of the other kittens.  So, I'm not surprised it died, but I was sad.  We buried it in the cat graveyard.  Yes, we have a cat graveyard.  No dog graveyard yet.

I decorated for Halloween:



Yep, I was super proud that I got that done early this year.  I feel like I deserve the mom of the year award for that!

Also, I like this quote:




If you can't read it, it says the following:

Live a good life.  
If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by.
If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them.
If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

-Quote commonly attributed to roman Emperor/philosopher Marcus Aurelius

I had to show my kids that Dad doesn't know how to do jazz hands but I do so ya, I have a picture of that.  Just for posting this picture here, I feel like I should get mom of the year.


Brad got a cool new hat given to him from a patient.


He was trying to show off for Kenzie in this picture.

Speaking of Kenzie, she still sends me more pictures than Jordan does of college.  Last weekend she and her two best friends went to go see her grandma and grandpa to get away from the city life a little.  Grandma and Grandpa showed them a terrific time.



I'm glad she and her best friends still get to hang out together.  I miss them.


Yes, that's a screen shot of a pillow fight they had while they were together which encapsulates their friendship so well.  Love these girls.

Jordan sends me no pictures but calls almost every day.  He started a job this week!  Yay!

Also, Ben got his driver's license so he is legal now and Riley got his permit.  It makes me sad to admit this, but my kids are growing up and I am getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment