A little poem I wrote a few weeks ago thinking about all the wonderful women who have shaped my life.
Womanhood is strong as she
carries
lifts
carries
lifts
pushes
pulls
those whose path is unclear.
Womanhood is wise as she
balances
ponders
contemplates
studies
offering help to those seeking truth.
Womanhood is patient as she
endures
empathizes
encourages
listens
to those needing to find their voice
Womanhood is bold as she
heals
touches
embraces
soothes
those who are sick or wounded.
Literally, strong women are my heroes. From people like Megyn Kelley (everyone close to me right knows I'm a HUGE fan) that I don't know to my mom who I know intimately you are a strength to me. You keep me going.
To my sisters and mom who were there shaping me, thank you.
To the woman who helped me see who I was when I was young, thank you.
To the women I served with in Buenos Aires, thank you.
To the woman who was my first boss in a profession, thank you.
To the women who let me cry on their shoulder as I seek for truth, thank you.
To the women who have run, biked, hiked with me, thank you.
To the women who make me check myself and reshape ideas (especially my daughter), thank you.
To the women who sing and create music, thank you.
To the women who make me laugh, especially at myself, thank you.
To all the strong women, you are strong, you are good, you are my heroes. I hope you know who you are.
There is so much in womanhood.
THANK YOU!





No comments:
Post a Comment