As always, because I've been so good (said sarcastically) about posting I have a ton of pictures to dump. I'll be brief in any explanations I have to give.
First, bird hunt my boys and I got to do. The boys had to clean the chuckers. We were going to eat them but we left the meat in the truck and then racoons ate the birds.
Found by me after a meeting I had one morning. I knew instantly it was Ben telling me he loved me.
One of my last fall rides before I had to start training with coach Troy (that means spinervals on the trainer...so boring.)
Brad and Jake met Kenzie, Jordan and Molly (Jordan's girlfiriend) for a special Moab trip. Ben couldn't go because of football and Riley missed out due to an injured wrist. It was Jake's first Moab motorcycle ride:
and Brad's first trip as a guide down a slot canyon.
Their longest repel was an 80 foot repel.
They got into some pretty tough spots to navigate and when one attempt didn't go so well...
You try a different method to make it down.
Not sure if Molly took Jordan out here or
Jordan just dropped her.
It was a 10-hour long hike and when they got out they raised their voices in unison singing loudly the intro son from the Lion King...or at least Kenzie and Jordan did.
When we returned to normal life, football began the state playoff tournament. Durango took a difficult loss, losing by just one point, in the second round of the state playoffs.
Thanksgiving immediately followed this loss. We had a nice visit from Grandma and Grandpa Belt and also from Jordan's girlfriend Molly. We went on a hike Thanksgiving day.
Enjoyed a nice feast and family time together.
And played some racquetball.
After the holiday wrestling began in earnest. The first tournament of the year had Ben placing 1st and Riley 3rd in their individual brackets.
When you're a wrestling star you get some groupies (okay, really just family friends) coming to watch you.
The season is looking to be very promising for both boys.
Of course, between all the wrestling tournaments we did find some time to decorate for Christmas,
Squeeze in a Senior photo shoot for Ben,
Learn to weld,
And dress up for work.
Christmas was full of activity. The whole family came home and all the usual family traditions were completed. Grandma's christmas jammies were a big hit.
And the Christmas Eve meal was prepared by all. I was not feeling well so I really appreciated the help.
All enjoyed the presents received
but the best Christmas present was Blue's presence in the house as we opened up the gifts.
We got lots of snow during our break so lots of snowmobiling happened, a little bit of skiing and of course, Christmas puzzles put together.
Oh, and a remodel started too. I embraced the chaos.
Finally, since we have no Christmas pictures of Jordan, here's proof of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment