Riley and Jake had homecoming this week. I knew Riley would be going to homecoming with a date. The one that surprised me was Jake.
Jake is a freshman and...you know, freshman are a little nerdy. And I didn't think Jake had much confidence in the girl area. Well, I was wrong. Riley came home one night and said to me, "Jake sure did an awesome thing tonight mom. I was at the football game, sitting by Brooke (one of Riley's friends) when someone gets on the intercom to ask a girl to homecoming. Brooke says to me, "Listen Riley it's Jake." And sure enough it was Jake asking a girl to homecoming in front of the whole school. That took a lot of balls (sorry for the language that is what he said)! I was cheering so loud for him." The girl said yes."
Throughout the week I asked Jake some questions.
Me: "So Jake since you asked a girl to homecoming are you paying for her ticket?"
Jake: "What I'm supposed to pay for her ticket? I'm helping set-up so I can get in for free."
Me: "So Jake are you taking her out to dinner since you asked her to homecoming?"
Jake: "I'm supposed to take her to dinner?"
So lucky for Jake, who has very little money, the girl had already bought herself a ticket and wanted to get ready for the dance with her friends so they met at the homecoming dance and matched.
I don't know if that is a real date but it is a real first dance with a girl he likes. Also, as a side note he is learning a song to serenade to her and he is sounding SOOOOO good. That makes me happy to see him use his musical talent.
Riley went with his girlfriend Isabella and another couple.
I'm the best mom ever because I helped Riley make dinner for everyone and they came to our house before to eat. This is a picture of me being the best mom ever hiding in the garage while they ate the dinner I prepared.
Really I'm just putting that on there because I think I look cute (and the older I get the more I realize I need pictures of me in here) but it really is me hiding in the garage during their dinner.
Finally, here is a picture of all the kids together (including Jake) before they headed off to the dance.
Also, I don't know where to put this next picture so I'm stuffing it in here. It's a picture of Jordan rock climbing in Provo. He, Molly, Kenzie, Ben and Molly's brothers have been going quite a bit and I like this picture so I'm stuffing it end at the end of this post. I think this was a double pitch climb (if that is even the right term). Love all of my kiddos.




No comments:
Post a Comment