Thursday, February 2, 2023

And it just kept snowing

 Or so it seemed...for a week or more.  And when we woke up it looked like this outside:



And when we shoveled it looked like we never did so we decided to play in it instead by skiing and snowmobiling:









Until we buried ourselves so deep in the snow:


we exhausted ourselves and had to stop.


And when the snow stopped and the sun shined we ate and then wrestled:





or more likely wrestled and then ate:




And then Grandma and Grandpa came and visited and watched wrestling, and ate and helped put together wrestling regional bags, which I was super grateful for.


My mom doesn't like the above picture (which I do because it shows what I love about her so much, how willing she is to serve)  so I am going to share a few other pictures of her and my dad that I have. are:



We also celebrated this kid's birthday:




Oh, and a section here must be dedicated to Blue 


because Blue is a powder dog and loves skiing.  And he loved it so much he had a great big smile on his face:


Only right after this picture was taken he got lost!  We had to leave him alone in the canyon with only a small meal and the best shelter we could make in subzero temperatures because Blue wandered off and didn't return.  It was a sad night and we thought we lost Blue.  But, when Brad and Ben went to search for our powder dog the very next day guess who was still there and ready to ski?


Blue!  Which we thought was pretty miraculous!  

And then something more miraculous and wonderous happened.  

Set up by these two little helpers,


a romantic scene to set just the right mood


for Jordan to ask Molly to marry him.




And she said yes!



It was so beautiful it made Ben cry


and motivated Kenzie to go back to take pictures again at 2 in the morning in the freezing cold.


So it looks like we'll be having a wedding this year.  Couldn't be happier for these two and to be adding this wonderful girl to our family. 




PS:  my daughter had read this a corrected me.  She says I always call Blue a powder dog and he is a powder hound.  Let it be known that Blue most certainly is a powder hound whom I will affectionately write about as a powder dog.😘  That’s for you Kenz.

No comments:

Post a Comment