We finished up wrestling season last month. Jake got to wrestle varsity the last month due to an injury of the varsity wrestler at his same weight. He lost a lot of matches but worked really hard. We had wrestling regionals at our home town this year. I was so excited. It was the first time since I've been involved with our wrestling team (9 years) that we've had it here. Usually we have to travel 6-7 hours to compete on the front range and then the following week make the same trip for state.
A few photos from our regionals.
Jake went two and out. Riley was 3-2 to go as the fourth wrestler in our region. Riley's bracket was stacked. We had the #2 ranked wrestler in the state, #3 ranked wrestler in the state and the #7 ranked wrestler in the state at our regionals. Riley was ranked #9. So, he was expected to perform as he did and to go like he did.
They left for state in the middle of one of the worst snow storms we've had. Last year we traveled to the state tournament in a snow storm, this year was much worse. One of the boys' coaches drove Riley and Ryan, the other wrestler that went to state, in the middle of the snow storm. Glad it was him and not me driving. Anyway, he brought the boys to a WWF gym and practiced with them before the tournament.
Then, they wrestled. A few pictures I stole from the coach who brought the two boys to the state tournament.
Kenzie and Ben met us in Denver. We stayed in a VRBO together which had a pretty nice park that we visited.
We got to watch the matches together and in between the matches we went to the aquarium, shopped a little and ate.
Wish I had more pictures of the actual matches but I was busy taking video instead. I tried to capture some of the video as pictures but they are too blurry to post. Riley went 1-2 at the tournament and Ryan, his teammate took 5th. It was fun to have somebody place from our team this year.
Just as a side note, I made the boy and girl state sweatshirts this year. I did pretty well if I say so myself. Didn't know I was so crafty.
Two weekends after state Freshman/Sophomore state took place. Jake got to wrestle again and while he didn't place, he did wrestle pretty well. He went 2-2. He's coming along.
While the season is over, the boys are doing spring wrestling with club and competing in tournaments. I'll keep you updated.
No comments:
Post a Comment