Jake's fun was all over his face...literally. I could not keep him clean for more than 5 minutes as these pictures show.
At one point I picked him up to dust off his rear and clouds of dirt floated up in the air bringing to mind Pig Pen from Charlie Brown.
We started off the trip with Brad bringing the kids down the Payette again. I got a pretty good action shot through one of the rapids.
It isn't as bad as it looks....I think.
Then we headed on up to Warm Lake and stayed the night to break up the trip. No shots there because I was too busy being eaten by mosquitos. I literally ended up with mosquito bites everywhere (I counted 15) through my long sleeved shirts and pants and with bug spray on. The next day we drove another hour and camped at Deadwood near a creek.
We Fished.
With the catching of fish Jordan had to learn how to gut them. He gutted all the fish we caught and ate over the weekend.
We ate good food (Jake kept getting into all the yogurts) and enjoyed the campfire.
We played and floated in the creek and lake.
We explored and found great rocks, sticks and saw lots of small animals.
We rode dirtbikes.
The trip, despite my lack of love for camping, was fun and the country was beautiful.
You always know you were successful when your kids end up like this on the way home.
And to boot, we found a great place to pick huckleberries on the drive home. You can't beat an ending like that!
I totally hear you on the camping thing- 1-2 nights is about all that I can handle. It looks like you did have so much fun though and I guess that does make it all a little more worth it!!
ReplyDeleteCute header!!
Love the new header.
ReplyDeleteThose are the best grouping of photos I've ever seen on a family blog. HILARIOUS, sweet, dirty as can be. Love it. Brought smiles to my face!
I used to like camping as a child, but now that I'm a a mom, my attitude towards camping is very different. Just think of all the memories you children will have! It looked like a lot of fun--even if it also was a lot of work.
ReplyDeleteBoys love to get dirty don't they? Carter is at the stage were he eats the dirt too. Gross! We are excited to see you next week.
ReplyDelete