It's been a while since I've blogged, I know. That was due to the fact that a certain someone in our family (Brad) went whitewater rafting and my camera ended up at the bottom of the river never to be recovered. This was early June so we've been without a camera for...a month. Luckily I got a new camera just in time for the big event of the month, Mckenzie's baptism.
I know this isn't the greatest family picture but this is what you get when Grandma waits too long to take the picture after the baptism and the boys have to stay in their church clothes for more than 10 minutes when they get home. So yes, Brad looks like a dork and I think Jake is picking his nose but that's how it goes sometimes. At least it's decent of me:)
The fireworks were good and we got to bed at a decent hour (11:30).
Brad had work off Monday so we decided to take the kids and have Brad float them down a mild section of the Payette.



Obviously, Jake is too young to be floating with Dad just yet and the boat is still a little small so he and I waited and played together during the float. During that time I caught some great pictures.

I can't believe I've gotten this close...double check that the owners aren't looking.

I thought you couldn't see me...don't expect me to give you a smile.

Oh, all right, I'll forgive you if you play with me.

And finally...got to end on a good note. Jake is officially potty trained and is no longer wearing diapers. Now, to teach him how to properly put on his underwear.
After a quick lunch the grandparents, kids, Brad and I took off to the park. While there I got to work on my basketball shooting skills with my dad. A few pictures just so you know I still have great shooting form. By the way Dad, my shot is going in now. I guess you were right and I was flat. Thanks.
Sunday morning, after church, all the Grandparents left and we were alone again. We decided to head down to the river for the fireworks show. The only picture I have that turned out is this one I took of Brad and I where I look tired and worn out, the way I look and feel most of the time. Brad again is making faces but I'll post some better ones of him later.
Brad had work off Monday so we decided to take the kids and have Brad float them down a mild section of the Payette.
Obviously, Jake is too young to be floating with Dad just yet and the boat is still a little small so he and I waited and played together during the float. During that time I caught some great pictures.
Hmmm....what is that down there? A bag of treats?
Is Mom looking? Nope, this is going to be great!
I can't believe I've gotten this close...double check that the owners aren't looking.
Yes, cheez-its, potato chips, fig newtons... I scored!
I thought you couldn't see me...don't expect me to give you a smile.
Oh, all right, I'll forgive you if you play with me.
I also caught a video of my favorite quirk of Jake's lately. He hums the Imperial march song from star wars all the time. I mean everywhere. I'm just glad I was finally able to capture some footage. Do you think I should be worried that this is his favorite song? I mean, it is the theme for Darth Vader you know.
And finally...got to end on a good note. Jake is officially potty trained and is no longer wearing diapers. Now, to teach him how to properly put on his underwear.
It is a little funny, I was laughing. Congrats, such a good feeling. Looks like you guys have had a lot of fun lately. Thanks for taking the time to come see us at the lake. It was a lot of fun catching up with you even if it was short.
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome that Jake is potty trained. It looks like you have been having lots of fun this summer!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Kinzie on her baptism. She looks very pretty in her dress. Chelsey, you look pretty in all the pictures, too. It looks like this summer has been a good one for you, so far.
ReplyDeleteSide ways underware are the best. I have a picture like that of Gavin and Laney. I think they are awesome.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Mckenzie on her baptism.