Thursday, July 29, 2010

I know God is aware of our situations and loves us dearly.

I don't look at Mormom Messages very often.  I have a close friend here that is going through a difficult trial right now.  I was emailing her to let her know my thoughts and prayers are with her.  I thought to myself I should go to Mormon Messages on You Tube and see if there is anything that I can send her that applies to her situation.  This is what I found.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MormonMessages#p/c/4E784EC0770935C0/1/KHDvxPjsm8E

It is perfectly tailored to her situation.  I have such a strong knowledge that our Heavenly Father knows us and loves us and knows the things we go through.  He is there for us in these situations.

When I served my mission in Argentina, I came down with Pneumonia.  At night time it got so bad that I couldn't breathe.  I was scared and so far away from home.  I had a wonderful friend staying with me that night, she wasn't my current companion, but a prior one and had stayed to help me.  When I was panicking she read me the scripture in Alma 7:11-12 , which speaks of the Savior and some of the suffering he went through while he was on this earth.

"And he" (speaking of Jesus) "shall go forth suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.  And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels maiy be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities."

I immediately felt at such peace and knew that no matter what happened the Lord was there with me and knew what I was suffering.  He would lead me through that moment.

Again, he loves us and He is aware of us.  He knows all trials that we go through.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for hopping to your computer to share this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. Thanks for that video. I saw it when it came out and it always kills me. I began reading Stephanies blog in 2007. It was so heart-breaking when her journey changed in life and yet so touching too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, Chelsey, your rock solid testimony is blessing my life. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete