Saturday, September 25, 2010

Football Season

I have a new love and appreciation for football.  You see, I'll be the first to admit that in highschool I only went to games to be cool and never really watched one (besides our team lost all the time) and at BYU it was the same.  Now all that has changed.  This year is the first year that my son has started to play and I find myself on the sidelines watching every play, biting my nails when it's close and jumping up and down, cheering when our team is doing good.  I'm even learning the rules.  Of course, the social aspect is still there with all the other parents, but I'm actually enjoying watching Jordan and his team play (I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much without Jordan there).  They are really good.  I mean, I see some amazing things from those kids.


Their second game, they played this team that was SOOOO big.  The kids were probably as tall as me and thick to boot. (I would have posted a  picture here but you know all about that...BRAD) I was wondering where their parents got the growth hormones that made them develop so quickly.  Literally they were huge.  I thought we had no chance at all when we were down 6-0 after the first quarter.  But no, Jordan's team, although they looked like smurfs (in their blue uniforms) next to these giants, had a lot of heart and pulled the win 14-12. 


And Jordan is doing GREAT!  He started out on defense, tackling on the front line, and has been working so hard that now he plays all offense (blocking), special teams and some defense too.  He doesn't know all the rules yet but he knows you're supposed to hit harder than the other guy and he loves doing it.  He is having so much fun.  I have to admit that when I see a kid get hurt my heart speeds up a little faster until I see it's not him, but I've never experienced anything quite as exciting as watching my son on that football field.  And, hopefully, with all my boys, I'll have many years of that ahead.

2 comments:

  1. I love football- Carter is playing flag for the first time. I wish I would have gotten him into to earlier. I think he will want to move on to the tackle version too. So much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Jordan that Obo and Aba are proud of him! What fun to see him in his games. I remember getting too involved and too anxious when TJ played football. Tell Jordan that Obo used to coach football for years. He LOVES football, in fact, he is watching a game right now.

    ReplyDelete