Friday, September 17, 2010

Buzz and Woody

You may wonder why I haven't been blogging.  It's Brad's fault.  We have been cameraless (is that a word?) for a little over a month now because he took our camera (our 1 month old camera) on a float down the Salmon River and yes, flipped his boat on a big wave AGAIN and the camera was well...you know the rest.  He is evil, "EEE-VIL, like it's the FRU-ITS of the DEV-EEL." (I know some of you are So I Married an Axe Murderer fans.)  I got my new camera in the mail yesterday (and this one will not be going on any more river trips with Brad!!!!) so you will see a series of new posts coming up on each kid.  I have so much to say that I woke up at 4:30 in the morning thinking of my posts.  That NEVER happens to me.

Jake is in love with Buzz and Woody.  Now, I know, most parents could say that.  I have pictures of Jordan in his diaper toting around Woody by the neck.  When I recently ordered a new Buzz and Woody for Jake ALL of my children played with them for about a week (including Jordan, he's 10.)  But, when it comes to love, there is love and there is LOVE and Jake LOVES Buzz and Woody.  Some recent scenarios to support my claim.

You know how it is when you teach kids to pray.  For the first while, you say the prayers for them and then sometime, you don't know quite when, they begin to say it by themselves.  Well, the first time Jake prayed by himself it was not, "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."  It was literally, "In the name of Buzz and Woody, Amen."  Although it gave me a good laugh, I was quick to correct him and he now prays properly.

Since Jake can't say in the name of Buzz and Woody anymore to end his prayers, his prayers always get said in this order, "Thank you Buzz, thank you Woody, thank you Mom..."  Yep, more important than me.

I got Jake to potty train by getting him Buzz and Woody underwear.  Every time he has gone potty for the last 3 months he says to me, "Never pee on Buzz, never pee on Woody."  And when he does, he cries.

And finally, the word for underwear has become wunderwear.  A made up word from Woody underwear.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the camera. Glad you get a new one. We've missed the posts down here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pure evil!! I hope you at least got an upgrade out of it. Carter was totally in love with Toy Story 2 when he was 2. He even slept with the movie case and wore the costumes everyday. I didn't mind too much though because I really love those movies too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see your family again, even if it is online. We're in Texas taking care of Nisa and her fambly. Give our love to the kidlets for us.

    ReplyDelete