When we were in Moses Lake we received a pair of hand me down boots for Ben. These boots were loved by Ben and he wore them EVERYWHERE. He loved them so much, that when he grew out of them, it was around his birthday, and though pricey (and I mean $70 pricey) we bought them for a birthday present for Ben and I am a $30 birthday present spender, no more. It was his only present from us and he LOVED it. Ben's boots are worn with shorts in the summer, jeans in the winter, motorcycle riding with dad, to the pool swimming and of course, with church clothes on Sunday. It was the best $70 I ever spent.
The other day he comes home from school with his pants turned into shorts (he has the zipper pants that zip off and he thought that was the neatest thing ever) and his boots on. He looked ridiculous. But he says to me, "Mom I look great in these boots and pants. I look like a pirate." Yep Ben, you sure do...you most definitely do :)
Nothing like cowboy boots, they do go with everything. Carter had a pair that my Dad bought at Cal Ranch store ( I am sure he paid a pretty penny too) and he literally worn them out too. Little boys and cowboy boots really do go together, even with shorts.
ReplyDeleteBen is such a cute kid!!! I'd love to have Pirate Ben for a neighbor. I think Ricky and him would have a lot of fun adventures together.
ReplyDelete