One hour of being at the school, and I still had not spoken with one teacher. Really, when did the teachers start thinking the parents wanted to be lectured too? Worst back to school night ever, and of course, Brad had work and I attended solo. However, Kenzie's letter to me gave me a chuckle. (Those of you that are friends with me on facebook may have already seen this but I figured it needed to be journaled.) It reads:
Dear Mom,
School is great! Third grade is the BEST grade ever! I love it! Mrs. Gingrich is so nice, and I mean nice when I say it. I'm so glad that school was invented, or I would have to stay home all day with my annoying brothers. (not Jake)
Love,
Kenzie
All I have to reply to that is Thank goodness for school!
I agree with you- all our back to school nights were like that too. I am not a fan. Love the letter!!
ReplyDeleteKenzie's letter is hilarious. Back to school night suck not only for parents but for teachers too. Speaking from personal experience. Remember having to teach all day then stay all night and talk with parents?? Who's great idea is this? Instead it should be school night for kids and parents who have problems. That way if your kid is doing fine both you and the teacher don't have to waste your breath
ReplyDeleteThose are some great posts! It has been great looking thru them. I do have to say, however, that you are making me feel bad about living in a land locked state. The water sure looks fun! Thanks for posting so some of us can catch up. --Lawana
ReplyDelete