Well, I would have back to school pictures for you all, but my children deleted the photos. Well, not my children, but Jordan. Well, all of them had a part in it, but Jordan did the actual deleting. I yelled, he felt bad, none of it accomplished much and I'm over it now. Maybe next Sunday you'll get second week of school back to school pictures. They loved their first week back. Okay, Kenzie and Ben didn't like their FIRST day. They said it was boring. They said that they didn't do anything but listen to rules. I told them that every first day of school is like that and to expect nothing different in the years to come. You should have seen us at open house. I have all 4 children in the same school this year. Open house was an hour long and bringing all 4 of them plus their school supplies was a joke. I had 8 reams of paper, 6 packs of clorox wipes and 6 boxes of kleenex to carry myself. You're wondering how I carried this all. I have great balance and strength. I do P90X yoga, it gives me this great balance and strength. Toni is a great teacher, he can make you have great balance and strength like I do:) Each child had their own bag of school supplies (pens, pencils, backpacks, etc...) to carry in. Of course, Jacob added to the chaos when,in the first class we went to (the kindergarten class), he went from table to table opening up the candy bags that the teacher had put on the desk for the children and I chased him with my current 6 reams of paper, 5 packs of clorox wipes and 4 boxes of kleenex. I think I'll ask them if they can open up a special day for me just to bring in all the supplies the kids need next year:) You think it will work? Do you think 4 Belts in the same school is a bit overwhelming? I'm sure by the end of the year they will know us well.
With 4 in school, I actually get some quiet time. It's amazing how much the noise level goes down when all 4 are gone. Riley is home for half of the day, but those 3 hours he is gone I can get so much more done. Like... Okay, really all I do is read some stories and take a nap with Jake. I mean to do more, but when I sit down in the afternoon to read to my children, by the 3rd or 4th book, my mind shuts down, my eyes blur and I find myself speaking words that make no sense at all. At that point I put the book down and take a quick nap. Jake joins me in the nap because he has no older sibling to play with and stay awake for. I think it makes him much happier. I'll be honest, it makes me happier too. I am a nicer Mom when I get a nap.
Speaking of Jake, I am trying to teach him to ride a bike.
Here's my method: I put him on the bicycle and push.
Here's what he does: Gets scared puts his feet out or immediately puts on the brakes and crashes.
Here's the result: He doesn't want to get on the bike again.
It's working great!
No really, he is learning and can actually pedal and keep it up for a while. I do think it will take longer for him to become really proficient because the dirt/gravel driveway is more difficult to learn with than the paved roads the others had.
No comments:
Post a Comment