Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Some days I feel like a Lion - by Chelsey Belt

Some days I feel like a Lion, it’s scary!
I grumble and roar and feel kind of hairy.
I swipe at my brother, I give him a glare.
I climb on mom’s couches, I jump off Dad’s chair.
Some days I feel mad like a lion I do.
Some days I feel like a lion, do you?




Some days I feel like a cat who must snuggle.
I sit close to Mom on the couch, we just cuddle.
I like nice soft touches, a kiss on my head
I must have a long hug before I hop into bed.
Some days I feel cuddly like a cat I do.
Some days I feel like a cat, do you?




Some days I feel like a sloth or a snail.
I’m slow out of bed.  I’m dragging my tail.
There’s no time to dress, mom’s making a fuss
‘Cause my hair is not done and I’m late for the bus
Some days I feel slow like a sloth, it’s true.
Some days I feel like a sloth, do you?




Some days I feel like those sad basset hounds
with their sad droopy eyes and their sad lonely sounds.
I howl and I yowl, I feel kind of down.
My eyes may have tears, on my face there’s a frown.
Some days I feel sad like those basset hounds do
Some days I feel like a hound, do you?




Some days I feel like a shy little mouse.
When I see someone new I run into my house.
I may hide behind mom where I can peek to see
If you are a friend who will be nice to me.
Some days I feel shy like a mouse I do,
Some days I feel like a mouse, do you?




Some days I feel like a changing chameleon.
When it comes to disguises, I can think of a million:
A movie star, dinosaur, butterfly, bee.
Incognito will Mommy recognize me?
Some days I feel sly like a chameleon I do.
Some days I feel like a chameleon, do you?




 Some days I feel scared, like a startled deer.
When it knows that you see it, it scatters in fear.
I'm nervous of change that is coming my way:
moving, new schools, finding friends that will play.
Some days I feel frightened like a deer, I do.
Some days I feel like a deer, do you?






Some days I feel silly like those monkeys you see
who make crazy faces high up in their tree.
I'll say funny things and act like a clown.
On Mom's face there's a smile instead of a frown.
Some days I feel silly like a monkey, I do.
Some days I feel like a monkey, do you?




Some days I feel grouchy like a bear who awoke
from a long winters nap. I'm in no mood to joke.
Something's not right, I'm mean and I'm grumpy.
When it comes right down to it I feel kind of dumpy.
Some days I feel grouchy like a bear I do.
Somedays I feel like a bear, do you?






 Some days I feel like a playful spring bunny.
I have lots of energy, I’m happy, I’m funny.
I’m curious, excited and I want to go play.
When I feel like this it’s a wonderful day.
Some days I feel spry like a bunny it’s true.
Some days I feel like a bunny, do you? 


copyright Chelsey Belt Aug 2011

2 comments: