Harvest Loaf: This is my favorite sweet bread recipe. I craved it so much yesterday that I whipped up a batch regardless of the fact that I had already made banana bread (because I decided I had too many frozen bananas in the freezer) and corn bread to go with the chili I made for dinner. That's how good this recipe is. I think it can even hold it's own with the pumpkin bread Great Harvest makes.
Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup flour 1/4 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. soda 1/2 cup butter softened
1 tsp. cinnamon 1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt 2 eggs
1/2 tsp. nutmeg 1 1/2 cup cooked pumpkin (I use Libby's)
1/4 t ginger 3/4 cup chocolate chips
I don't mix the ingredients in any order. I just put them all in and mix them for about 1 minute and pour the dough into bread pans. Makes 2 loaves. Bake @ 350 for 35-45 minutes.
On the Border chicken Tortilla soup: I got this recipe on line and added a few things. It's quick, easy and delicious. Everyone in my house likes it.
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 c. onion
2 carrots sliced thin
1 small yellow zuchinni sliced thin and cut in half
1 small green zuchinnin sliced thin and cut in half
1/2 c. salsa
4 T uncooked rice
2 large ripe avocados mashed with 3 Tablespoons salsa (I actually have never put this in my soup, but I've had it at the restaurant with the avocado and it is good, it's just too much work for me.)
1/2 c. finely chopped cilantro
1/2 c. shredded monterey jack cheese
1. Heat chicken broth to boil in a large saucepan. Add chicken breast halves, reduce heat and cook until chicken is opaque. Remove chicken and cut into bite size pieces.
2. After removing chicken, add vegetables (onion, carrots and zuchinni) to broth and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add salsa and rice. Cook about 15 minutes until rice is tender and return chicken to saucepan.
4. Top each serving with cilantro, cheese and avocado.
No comments:
Post a Comment