Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday's Walk Down Memory Lane

This week's walk down memory lane features:  Mckenzie, age 4; Ben, age 2; Riley, age 1
Location:  Las Vegas, Nevada

Our last year in Vegas we were gifted a hand-me-down queen sized bed.  Before this, we had a cheap toddler bed, our crib and the bunk bed.  When we were given this, we got rid of the toddler bed, put Kenzie in the queen bed and put Ben in the lower bed of the bunk bed with Jordan.  Riley was still in the crib and roomed with Kenzie.  Every night Riley would climb out of his crib and into bed with McKenzie.  Some nights, like the one below, Ben decided to join them. 


 I don't know about you, but I always sleep best with a foot in my face.

I guess you don't notice if you have a pacifier in your mouth.  McKenzie always loved her pacifier.  I took Kenzie's pacifier away when she was 2.  Though none too pleased, she did go for about a year without the pacifier.  Ben was born and he was a thumb sucker.  I wonder at times if McKenzie's smart little three year old self didn't overhear the conversations going on between Brad and I discussing how it would be much better for Ben to have a pacifier than to suck his thumb, because sometime between the age of 3 and 4 she began to suck her own thumb.  Of course, Brad and I were not about to let her get accustomed to this habit, so she soon had her pacifier back.  I weaned her from the pacifier for the 2nd time when she was four.  When we moved Riley into her room she would dig in Riley's crib and sneak his other pacifier at night to sleep better.  In this picture, it is Riley's pacifier in her mouth, not hers.  Also, under that blanket, I'm positive Ben is sucking his thumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment