Riley turned 9.
We are having our best month ever at the dental practice. That's good but it's made me really busy. I've had too many nights being there 2 hours after to tie up all the loose ends. Which, has made us post an ad for another front desk. Hopefully this will alleviate me some.
I'm taking Ben out of football. He had one game where he got to play a lot and then this last game, which we had to travel an hour to get to, he played 12 plays. I would be okay with that if the game were close I guess, but the final score 40 to 6 with us in the lead...and really, he got 12 plays?
I'm putting Kenzie, Ben and Riley on the swim club. Time to try something new. We'll see how they like it.
Just got back from a 2nd trip to Lake Powell. This time we went to Page and stayed in a VBRO. I think I liked it better in the end than the house boat. Met some old friends and my sister there.
Some advice that Kenzie gave to me when I couldn't climb up out of the water to get on the rock to cliff jump. "Just pretend you're a whale mom. BEACH YOURSELF!!" Surprisingly enough the beached whale method worked perfectly.
Ben learned to slalom ski and beat me....
I was almost up off the long rope out of the back but tore my hamstring my last try:( Six weeks of recovery. Next year I'll try again.
Just bought our first TV ever in our marriage and found out all about how to use Amazon Prime. Unfortunately I'm not sure how to block the bad stuff from the kids. I mean, I don't know about you but titles like the "Happy Hooker went to Washington," have me taking my remote to work with me so that my kids don't "accidently" end up watching it. I know you can change the settings on Amazon Prime but then it won't let me watch any of the PG-13 movies I want to without changing my settings back on the computer...I thought I would just be able to unblock them with a code, but I couldn't figure out how. Am I dumb or is that the way amazon works?
Kenzie tripped and fell flat on her face up on her way to the stand today to give her first talk. Which had the whole Young Women's laughing during opening prayer (All the Young Women had to speak on a value). It was AWESOME! It will probably go down in her book as one of the most embarrassing moments of her life. However, I was so proud of her and the way she still calmly got up and delivered her talk. That takes a lot of self confidence to do after a trip like that. Got to love that girl:)
No comments:
Post a Comment