Pictures will help.
Our bear visitor has been back. When the dog barks and the trash is scattered that lets you know they are around. We really haven't been visited much by them since this early summer. The kids said they saw a couple hanging around this summer a big one and the small one that I posted a picture of. One night after the kids had been reporting about the bears, Brad had been awakened by one of them. He peeked out the window and saw the big bear. I woke up to him loading his gun and sat in fear as he didn't speak to me about why he was loading the gun he just snuck out quietly. I wondered if he had heard a robber and was going to face him or something. I just shook in fear half asleep in bed. When I actually heard a gun fire my imagination went wild (as did Kenzie's I found our the next day). I was relieved shortly thereafter when Brad did return to bed and told me that he had just seen the bear and shot at it's side to scare it. Since that day the bears have left us alone. Until recently like I said. We were all able to see it when Harley barked one night and Brad snuck out and shone his headlights at it. It is HUGE. He was up on his hind legs and reaching into the back of our truck bed and into our trash cans without even stretching. It was easily eight feet tall. Although we weren't able to capture a picture of the actual bear, we were able to capture a picture of it's footprint in the mud this last weekend after a heavy rain.
We think it's a mama bear because of the small paw print beside it. Harley must have made it mad this last week as it swiped his dog house and tore off the front door.
Speaking of Harely, he has me feeling like a dog abuser. I should be careful what I say here. There may be those out there that think I really am just because I make him live outside. Many are the nights and afternoons that we are inside watching a movie, eating or playing cards that Harley sits by the window and watches. It tears at my heart. It's also kind of funny though as at times he puts his paws up on the window and stares in like a peeping tom or like a spy. I wasn't able to capture the best picture of this but I did catch one. It's much better at night.
We have an electric fence now and have had good luck of not having to pick him up at the pound since we installed it. He also got into rat poison today and we had to make him throw up. In case you ever need it you can find that info on youtube. Luckily we caught him shortly after he ate it and don't expect to have any problems. Dogs....
My younger three boys have fallen in love with the movie Lion King and especially like this song. Jake probably more than the others. So much so many are the Saturday mornings we wake up to him early singing as loud as he can , "Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba Sithi uhm ingonyama" which means here comes a lion, father. Oh yes, it's a lion. (I had to look that up. I love the web.) Of course he doesn't pronounce it as well but it's pretty funny. Especially as he wakes up Jordan and there ensues a threat from Jordan that if he doesn't shut up he going to lock him outside. Brad and I just sit there and giggle at how mad it makes Jordan.
My final picture comes from my iPhone. Let me give you some background here. When Brad cut the little boys' mohawks the condition was that as soon as they started school they all had to get buzz cuts. True to his promise the buzzes were given. Everyone knows that with a buzz cut you don't have to comb your hair. So the younger boys went to school every morning without even looking in a mirror. It worked for a long while. No combing and out the door they went. Apparently they got too habituated to this.
Every Thursday before Thanksgiving the elementaries (and junior highs and highschools) put on a Thanksgiving dinner that the parents are supposed to attend with their children. Unfortunately I have 5 children and am unable to sit at every lunch with each child (maybe this is a fortunate thing if you consider that because of this I don't have to partake of a school lunch). I didn't think much of not going the first year until my children came home so upset with me because I was the ONLY mom to not attend the luncheon. So I came up with a solution to take my elementary students out to lunch on this day. My middle schooler and high schooler don't care so much. I think by then they are embarrassed if their parent shows up. So this last Thursday I went to pick up my boys from the elementary. As I went to Riley's class to hand his teacher the note I saw only Riley's head and was so shocked by the bed head that I commented out loud to his whole class, "Nice hair Riley." His teacher laughed. I guess she teases him every day. It may reflect poorly on me if I don't notice the bed head until I pick them up from school. I do see them leave but I am so occupied by getting all 5 out the door and to seminary and work that quite frankly I don't notice their hygiene. (Although to be fair to me I do notice if they try to sneak out the door with the same outfit from yesterday on...not that I always get them to change it. ) So, the talk had to be given, comb your hair or get a buzz cut again. So far, they've been combing it. I took a picture of the hair with my iPhone but really, the picture doesn't show the flatness liked I hope it would. It just shows how it sticks out everywhere.
I love it when they don't care how they look. It all starts too soon when they have to have their home combed perfectly everyday so I'm just going to sit back and enjoy that bed head for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment