Sunday, November 16, 2014

Just something I read today that I thought I'd share

Jake made me promise I'd read him a bedtime story tonight.  He went upstairs and came back down with a book by Marjorie Pay Hinkley called Small and Simple Things.  My mom got it for me for my birthday one year I think.  Anyway he opened up to this page and the following quote is what I read:

"It is for us to go about our work, making certain that underlying everything we do in the course of a day is a settled faith in God, in His existence, personality, and attributes.  This faith will give us the power to work righteousness."

My mind being overwhelmed with worries for my teenagers (yes plural here, Kenzie included) this is exactly what I needed to hear. 

It is faith in God, in His existence, personality, and attributes that does give us the power to work righteousness.  And at the end of the day when we've done all we can we must sit back and trust in His infinite goodness and wisdom knowing that in and through his son Jesus Christ all can be made right.

This is something I need to remember everyday because for me letting go is hard and having that trust is hard.  But my life and trials seem to teach me more and more that despite what I think I know and what I think I can do, the Lord really is much more powerful than me.  And that person that I love and worry about he worries about and loves too and will do everything he can to let that person feel his love.  He teaches me that, after I've done all that I know how to do, I just have to let go and let him work the miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment