Who isn't glad really to have showers. I know I am. And apparently some of my children are too.
Said by Jake to Jordan, "Boy, I'm sure glad we have showers Jordan or else we'd have to lick ourselves like Harley."
Good observation Jake. Licking ourselves would be yucky. Now, if I could only get them to turn that appreciation into hard work so that they would keep their bathrooms clean. I ventured into their bedrooms and bathrooms this week and was disgusted by what I found. So disgusted that I took pictures so I could blow them up and show them what was gross about what I found. I'll share my favorites with you:
I don't know why the seashells were in the sink or what the Smaug drawing had to do with the bathroom but there they were and so was the mold and all the other disgusting things that can grow when you tell your mom that you cleaned it last week but really didn't. My kids got quite the scolding when they came home...especially my older kids. Then I proceeded to tell them how simple it is to keep shells out of the sink, wipe the sink ocassionally when there is standing water and scrub the toilet. The toilet probably wasn't as dirty as it looked in the picture. We do have some minerals in our water here that turn the toilet brown quickly. I'm working on that with the water analytical lab and a guy that filters well water around here.
And yes...I have carpet in the bathroom. That will change and hopefully sooner rather than later.
So while they may have gratitude for running water so we don't have to lick ourselves clean, I still think they have a long way to go until they truly appreciate a clean bathroom...and I guess they are not old enough for me yet not to walk in their bathrooms at least once a week.
Other happenings this week:
Harley ran away again which led to the final installation of the electric fence so he won't run off anymore. Which also led to him getting his rabies shot so that I won't get charged by the pound anymore to come and get him. Of course, this last time they, the pound, let me off free. Taking him to the vet made me think about whether or not I wanted to get him neutered which led to a discussion with Jordan about breeding puppies. I know, I'm crazy to have even entertained the idea with the bathrooms looking the way they do but for a moment I thought it may just be a good idea for the kids...just for a brief second.
The kids primary program was today. Ben actually sang a solo. I was surprised by this and even more surprised that he volunteered. He did a good job. Now the music leader is trying to talk my boys into singing with Kenzie at the Christmas program. I told her that she'd probably have better luck getting my boys to sing than I would. Why is it that boys stop singing after a certain age? Is it just my boys that do that?
I've also been called to be the primary chorister. HA! That's funny. I sing, kind of. I can lead, kind of. But I'm not creative AT ALL. It will be a challenging calling for me. I wish I was primary pianist instead. I'd feel much more comfortable there.
How is that kids are so so messy in the bathroom?? I have it on the job chart to get wiped down everyday, doesn't always get done, but it helps. I still deep clean it once a week, I just haven't been able to solely turn it over to them. I should, but just can't!!
ReplyDelete