So to start: Merry Christmas to all my friends and family! I'm so sorry I didn't send out cards this year, but it seemed like one moment I was thinking about sending them out and the next...it was already too late. My sister sent out a smilebox which I thought I'd do but every time I chose a design and went to send it to friends and family it said it was a premium design and I couldn't. Well, I could have if I signed up for a premium account but I didn't want to...I wasted so much time making it, ugh! So, next year, right?
As for the past couple months and what we've been doing, besides wrestling, musicals, and biking...there's been a lot of work to do around the yard and house. We just had a cistern put in underground here and as a result had to bulk up our driveway. Jordan, Ben and Dad spent several hours shoveling gravel together.
And stained some new furniture that we bought:
Lest all you think we do is work...let me assure this is not so. We take plenty of selfies too. Some that I approve:
We also still have been wrestling, singing and dirtbiking on the weekends. Brad actually managed to get 10 rides in a row in with the boys this fall which he was VERY proud of.
After Thanksgiving, the snow came and we made a leaning tower of pisa snowman...or at least the younger boys did.
Once the snow hit there was lots of shoveling, sledding
And of course, skiing. Why live where we do without skiing? In fact, on Christmas we attempted to go up to the ski hill only to find the pass closed due to a blizzard. We reluctantly turned around 20 minutes from the ski hill, wondering if we should just wait it out or go home. We ended up heading home and got caught in the worst driving conditions we've ever been in. We were glad to arrive home safely and didn't miss out on any skiing as the resort was closed for 2 whole days due to avalanches the blizzard set off. Yikes! We did get to see a lovely herd of elk on our way out that morning.
So, with Jordan's wrestling schedule we had to wait until New Years day to hit the slopes as a family. Dad took Ben up for his first big boy skiing in powder.
Just so you can see our beautiful country!
Ben conquered any fears he had and followed both Brad and Jordan down.
Just a picture so you can see how deep the powder was.
Now, just because he conquered his fears doesn't mean he didn't fall. But right after he picked himself up, dusted himself off and started all over again! (Best song ever, by the way!)
And yes, we were all there but I didn't catch any pictures of the rest of us. I did get a picture of Riley and Jake at lunch. Riley hung with us for the day because he wasn't quite feeling up to par. A lung cold has been passing through our family and this day was Riley's turn :(.
Now with all the catching up done, let me wish you a belated Merry Christmas! Hope your time was spent as wonderfully as ours with family and memories made. And as for the new year, here's to 2016!
I love reading about my beloved sister. You have such a wonderful family. Keep writing. We love you.
ReplyDelete