Sunday, January 29, 2017

Snow, snow, snow, snow, SNOW!

Name that musical.  Okay, I give you a hint with the youtube clip.  Anyway, we had a lot of snow this week.  Tons!  It snowed, and snowed, and snowed and snowed.





Of course, being a lover of the mountains that Brad is, he couldn't resist the urge to play.  On a rare Saturday rest from any tournaments, Jordan was the partner of choice to accompany him on a back country skiing adventure.  They brought the snow machines to help them access the back country.  Brad said the snow was so deep that day that to ski was actually impossible.  So, instead played around on the snowmobiles.  Even on the snowmobiles with the snow as deep as it was they sometimes ended up buried.


As you can imagine, it took them a little while to get themselves out of this one.

After it snowed, it froze.  We had a couple of days where the temperature never got out of the teens for the day.  I know this isn't extreme as some other places, but for here that is COLD!  On one of our days off Brad's favorite place to ski received 18 inches of snow.  He decided to take Ben and Riley out for a day.  He said when he left the car it was 2 degrees and that for most of the day it was below freezing.  I don't know how they made it through but they ended up staying the entire day on the hill (although I do think Ben and Riley had to sit out a couple of runs).  





Yesterday was spent back on the mat again with Jordan.  It was a tournament fairly close to home so Brad and I got to attend.  He took 6th out of a group of 16 in his weight bracket.  Though the day spent at the tournament was long it was fun to be able to watch him wrestle.



No comments:

Post a Comment