Who was it from? From me, to me. Yes, I'm not too good to buy my own valentine. Especially when the flowers are half off the day after. Now, to be fair to Brad, he did cook me dinner on valentines and took me out a few days later. I say these flowers are just as much for him as they are for me. No, really they're just for me.
Last week Jordan went to regionals in wrestling. He wrestled quite well. He took 5th in regionals missing state by one place.
If you want to see him wrestle you can see a few of his matches here, here, here, here or here. He is done for the season. Here's one of my favorite pictures of Jordan standing with his coach right before he is about to wrestle.
Coach doesn't just coach Jordan though. He coaches Ben too. Ben had his first tournament last weekend. He was all pumped to demolish any of his opponents on the mat, only to find that he lost some ground not wrestling this fall. At the tournament he lost two, won one. He had a three school dual on Tuesday where he performed much better. It is fun to watch Ben wrestle. He gives it his all and even those that beat him leave the mat exhausted from the effort.
Riley and Jake will start wrestling this Tuesday.
Here's a random quote from Jordan to Jake from this past week that I found so funny I wrote it down to keep as a memory for later when my kids say to me as a grandma, "Were we ever this mean to each other?"
Jordan to Jake, "Jake, when are you going to learn to comb your hair so you don't look like gollum?"
I took a picture of what Jake looked like when Jordan said that.
I guess Jordan kind of has reason to say something so mean to his brother. I think he really wants to help him. Then again, maybe he should just know that all nine year olds are a little backwards.
Finally, I painted yesterday. I just want it known that I hate painting. I've never enjoyed it and when I paint I wonder if my Grandma and Grandpa Landers look down at me fondly from heaven and chuckle. You see, one summer I went to work for my Grandma and Grandpa Landers. Really, I wasn't working for them, they were just trying to come up with things for me to do. One of the chores they had me do was paint the machine Grandpa had to deliver. I did it, but after I'm not sure if more paint got on me or the machine. I probably looked something like I did last night, maybe worse. I took a picture of myself so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about.
Now, granted I was painting the ceiling...but who ever gets this much paint on themselves? Yep, just me. Really, Grandma and Grandpa were probably in tears laughing at me in heaven.

Thank you for posting on your blog. I love reading it. Love you sis. Tell Jordan congrats on his placement. state with hard work next year:).
ReplyDelete