Here's the teeth...I know, just what you wanted to see.
Even right after he didn't really know what had hit him. Still smiling...but that might have been the drugs.
In the care, though, I think he started to feel it a little. Although he did tell me over and over what a stud he was and how he didn't feel pain.
Recovery was actually pretty quick, but his cheeks did swell up quite a bit making him look sort of like a chipmunk.
So, one week later he is all better. Swelling down and pain free.
Ben is in full swing wrestling. He told me that his videos were saved but I guess that they aren't because I can't find them anywhere. Anyway, he won two, lost one on Tuesday. The kid that he lost to was 15 lbs. heavier than Ben and actually it was a super close match. Yesterday, Kenzie, Jake and I followed Ben up to Cortez for a wrestling tournament there. He placed third which was pretty good. We would have loved to see him place higher, but he never had a chance to wrestle the second place wrestler. The second place wrestler was a kid from his team and they are pretty neck and neck so it could have gone either way.
That's a picture of McKenzie and I enduring the match together. I'm sure you can tell from the picture, but both McKenzie and I have shed a few pounds lately. We are doing the fast metabolism diet together. Actually, she doesn't need to do it. She already did it once but she is being my moral support this time and joining me on it. Here's what one of my lunches looked like:
I really do eat a lot more than this. I think this day I had two cans of tuna...bleh! I don't think I'll ever do that again. I know that anyone in my family is actually amazed that I ate tuna. You see when I was younger I had an aversion to tuna ever since I saw a cat lick the tuna that my aunt had made one day when she made us toasted cheese sandwiches. So, this last year I have decided to give tuna another chance as I have one son, Riley, who just loves tuna sandwiches; yes, he even eats them for breakfast sometimes. I know...so GROSS! Anyway, and besides Riley most of my family tolerates tuna...not loves, but will definitely eat. And well, during wrestling Jordan ate a ton of tuna out of the packets that were flavored and I tried a few bites and it wasn't so bad. But, now, let me tell you, after eating the two full cans of tuna I had to eat I am definitely boycotting all tuna again. BLEH!
Speaking of Kenzie (I know we weren't really we were talking about tuna) she has a boy who likes her who is a very nice boy. However, this is always new ground and territory for me and I never know how to react. She wanted to go over to his house yesterday and I told her she couldn't because she can't date. So, instead I invited him to our house today to hang out with the family. He is here now. This teenage dating scene is so hard to navigate. I don't know if I ever blogged about Jordan and Alex...but that was a real doozy for me. He wanted to spend every waking minute with her. In fact, one night, I told him he couldn't hang out with her and he literally ran out of the car and ran away from me. This is Jordan. Jordan is my most rational child and with dating he wasn't rational at all. He would argue with me over and over that I just didn't trust him and I would say, Yes, you are right! I don't trust you. At least Jordan and Alex didn't last long. She literally broke up with him after a week because he wouldn't have sex with her. SEX! Good to know he was strong on his standards. Date mormons you say...well, yes, I wish there were more mormons to date but there aren't and the girls here that are treat Jordan as if he has cooties. The younger ones don't but the ones that can date do. I don't understand the social dynamics in this area with regards to that. While I never liked a boy in my ward we still hung out a ton together. To me, it seems as if we spent every weekend together. I know all the parents, or most, wish it were more that way here, but it is not. On a bright note, though, he is going to Mormon Prom with a nice girl from the Red Mesa ward. I'm sure I'll snap some pictures of that. It is in two weeks.
So this Wednesday we got to go skiing as a family. Well, almost all of us did. Jordan didn't because he had just had his wisdom teeth out and couldn't afford to miss more school and Kenzie didn't because she had a big presentation that day. I missed them. Don't even get me started on how soon they will leave me. Brad, with his leg, is taking it easy though and skied with Jake and I all day. He did get Jake to go down some "easy" black diamonds (are there easy black diamonds?), but not me. He knows that I only do what I feel comfortable with. Anyway it was fun and the ride up and the ride back always provide some interesting family conversations. I don't know how the subject started, but somehow the topic of being wary of who you marry came up. We told our boys to be especially careful with girls who are only looking to marry for money. Which of course led to how Dad and I married before he had a successful career and how I helped him attain the goal of becoming successful. So, at the end of the conversation, Jake sums up everything he has learned by saying, "So what we're aiming for is getting married before we are famous, right Dad?" Which all made us bust up laughing because of course...you know, we are all going to be famous. And then Jake replies with, "What? Dad is famous!" Good to know that Jake thinks Dad is famous.
To end I found a good quote that I liked. This may be my mantra in life so I'll add it onto this post because the post already isn't long enough. Hope you have some experience to use it.
No comments:
Post a Comment