Sunday, June 25, 2017

Summertime...Family time

I know I have said this before but I LOVE the summer.  I love the availability of my children vs. when they are in school.  Summer time for me means family time.  Here's some of the things we've been doing this summer.

We are still building that gazebo to house our barbecue:

Kenzie, Riley and Jake staining the frame.


Ben sanding:
Ben and Kenzie sanding:


Wait, what's that I see in Kenzie's hand?


Yes, it is a chord folks.  I stand corrected...not Ben and Kenzie sanding...just Ben sanding.  Kenzie doing a good job of pretending to sand.

Brad and the kids did a kayak/camp trip together for Father's day weekend and left me home alone.  I won't lie, it was wonderful being home alone.  The house was actually clean.  And they made great memories together.

 Our fearless kayakers ran the river together:


 Our newly permitted daughter got to shuttle the kayakers back and forth in her Daddy's truck (Yes, I was more than a little worried when I heard about this but she made it out fine).
 

Our future kayakers played in the lake and got to practice their skills.


Games were played and adventures had by all.




Dad made a special campfire cake to be enjoyed by all.

And who doesn't like sitting around the campfire telling stories late at night?

 

We took our boat out for the first time...LOVE the boat and all the fun it brings us.

This guy got to ski again...yes, that's Brad(kids had to operate the phone because I was driving and they didn't use the zoom).


And these guys towards the end of the day, when it got too windy to ski, had fun just playing with the rocks.


And Brad and I always get some good R&R while the kids splash in the water.


Lots of bike riding has been happening too.  Brad with the boys and I'm getting Kenzie out on the road with me.  Here's a river we stopped at on the halfway mark of our ride yesterday.  Kenzie dipped everything in the river to cool off.  It has been SO hot here lately.



Love our area, love my kids, love the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment