Sunday, May 27, 2018

Mother's day, Bear visitors and Graduation

For mother's day we all headed down to the big city to go and watch Les Miserables put on by a traveling broadway troupe.  I could hardly wait for all my family to see it.  I had seen it years before, when I was 20 and have listened to the music ever since.  My family is very familiar with all the tunes and we have watched Hugh (pronounced in our family ever after as Huge after we saw this from James Cordon) Jackman's movie version several times.  McKenzie and Jordan sing a very good master of the house (really you should ask them for it) and we all cry when Eponine's song, "A little fall of rain" comes on.  What person with a heart doesn't?  Okay, I may be exaggerating.  It's just me that cries.  Anyhow, I was SOOOO excited to have all my family see it together.  Here is a picutre of us outside just before the performance.

It's a terrible picture of all of us.  I don't think we could have chosen a worse angle, but if it has to be bad at least it's bad of us all together.

Here's one of Jordan and me together that's better of me, but still not so good of my Jordan.


The show was every bit as good as we imagined it, but we were too far away.  I've got to figure out how to get the good seats and how much I have to pay for the good seats.  Next time, I will figure it out.

The next morning was mother's day and my Jaker's was so sweet he packed the gift he made me and woke us all up at one in the morning to put it out in the hotel where I could see it.  I woke up early Sunday morning to find this on my hotel table.


I love the egsisted.  Because we were traveling, Brad took the family all out for a special mother's day breakfast and we enjoyed the time we had together that day.  Okay, maybe they didn't enjoy it all that much, Riley just reminded me he did get sent to the car several times while Brad and I were trying to look at furniture for the future completion of our office.

Last Sunday we had some surprise visitors, some young bear cubs.  I mean, we get bears quite frequently but have never had bear cubs.  Blue was going crazy out in our yard and when we looked outside he had two bear cubs treed right in front of our house.  I mean like 15 yards from our front porch.  I mean like the place where I send my kids to take naps on the hammock on nice summer days like this one.


Yes, in the same trees that are holding the hammock up, the bear cubs were held captive by blue.


You must excuse Jordan in the towel.  He had been taking a shower when we yelled for him to come out and he came out as quickly as he could with a towel on.

The two bear cubs were different colors.  One was a light brown/blonde and the other was black, so the black on was harder to see.


Blue would run back and forth between them.  When he left one to keep the other one up, it would attempt to come down and Blue would be right back trying to herd it back up the tree.  He was very brave.



Eventually though the brown cub made it over to the same tree its sibling was in.


I kept telling Brad those were too young to not have a mamma bear close by but Brad said he thought they were old enough to be on their own.  Ben and Brad were taking pictures behind the tree when all of the sudden Brad and Ben hear a "Urroah..ugh, ugh, ugh" (Um, that's my best imitation of a mamma bear sound.  Watch that clip until the end and you will see what I mean.) behind them.  They turned around and saw this:



That's the best picture they could get of it because they ran away very quickly.  You never want to tie up with a mamma bear.  It gets ugly.  Just ask Leonardo Di Caprio   Ben was so scared he dropped his BB gun (which he had grabbed for protection) and ran away as fast as he could.  Brad tried to snap the picture real quick.

Anyway, we got away soon enough and the cubs ran to their mamma.  Haven't seen the mamma and her cubs since.  Hopefully, Blue scared the cubs enough to stay out of the yard.  Don't want my kids running into that when I'm not home.  As many times as I've see the bears here, it never gets old and tiring.  It is just plain cool to see them.

Jordan graduated Friday night.  I didn't get a picture of him :(  There was a lot going on so I didn't get to go on the field at the end of the night and for some reason Brad forgot to take a picture.  While we are sad that he is graduating and leaving home, we are excited for him to start attending college where he will begin preparation for a career.  Right now he is getting certified to be a raft guide on our river and works at the local river store.  It seems like we see him less and less as each week passes.  Both Brad and I know this is good and natural but it is just so unbelievable when it actually happens.  One day you have your baby and the next time you blink he is ready to leave home.  I love that boy!



Congratulations Jordan.  Here's to one door closing while another one opens.

No comments:

Post a Comment