Sunday, March 8, 2020

March

Back home March was known for March madness, basketball but now for me March is known as wrestling.  We wrestle, wrestle and wrestle some more.  We are soon to be done with wrestling.  This last week Ben and Riley went to the front range for Freshman/Sophomore state.  Yes, Riley is not a freshman or a sophomore but he needs some stiffer competition than what he can get here and since they allow eighth graders to wrestle at this tournament we shipped him off.  They both did very well.  Riley won his first two and lost his 2nd two which made him the top 6 in his bracket.  By the way, before I go on know that this tournament combines all Freshmen and Sophomores in all divisions so it is a pretty competitive tournament.  Ben took 3rd at the tournament.

Brad is learning all about raising chickens.  He wants Kenzie to build the coop and start learning how to care for them.  He sends her lots of pictures like these lately.


I think he is doing that because we get a lot of texts like these from Kenzie lately:

He's just trying to keep her busy.  She is attending school though.

I got my record rowing time this week so here's a picture of my prowess.

Also I got to start biking last week.  Been up to Shalona, Nighthorse and Lemon.  Here's a picture of my most recent ride to Lemon.  I think this is the earliest I have ever ridden to Lemon. 

Ben and Brad got into a wrestling match this week and Ben was winning so Brad bent his fingers back.  Ben said that wasn't fair wrestling.  Brad said who told you life was fair and then Ben scratched him.  Brad took a picture of the bloodshed to make Ben feel bad.

Actually Ben is tough.  Don't know what the wrestling team is going to do with him next year because he doesn't have anyone his size to wrestle and he hurts the coaches now.

Kenzie went to Mormon prom...with a boy, a boy she likes.  She wouldn't let me stay and take pictures of her with the boy though so here are a few pictures of her with her best friend, Anna.




And finally some pictures of Jordan.  He's healthy and happy and doing what missionaries do...teach and preach and work.




Also before I forget...read a book titled, Crossings, by Melissa Inouye and it was a beautiful faith building book.  I loved it and think all should read it.
















No comments:

Post a Comment