The following week Brad and I headed to Utah. I was the one to originally plan this trip. My best friend from high school, Becky, had a son who was getting married in the temple and was going to be outside and I went to support her, see my kids, and visit Missy (who now lives in Utah). However, when Brad's friend, Nick, invited him to the Dunes the same weekend he didn't want to pass up the opportunity to spend some time with his good friend and his kids so all but Jordan, who just had surgery on a deviated septum, and I went to the Dunes. We'll start with my pictures from the trip then end with the pictures from the Dunes and the pictures of everyone together at the Hotel the final night.
The first day I was down there I got to see my best friend from college, Rachel. She came down from Layton to see me in Orem. It was so good to catch up.

I got to spend some time with Jordan and Molly that afternoon and evening. Again, Jordan had just had surgery for his deviated septum. Here is a before picture that he took.
And here is an after.
This was a couple days after surgery. Notice how much they opened up the right nostril. Also, now that the swelling is down, the nostrils are the same size. Of course, I don't have a picture of that so you will just have to trust me. Anyway, Molly, Jordan and I got to go out to dinner together, get some ice cream at coldstone and walk around Utah Lake. I love those two. They are so much fun to be around. That evening and the next morning I spent with my sister, Missy. I didn't take any selfies though so no pictures of Missy in this post.
The next day I went to support Becky outside the temple. It was such a cold and windy day! Seeing Becky and being there with her was worth it. We took a few selfies together.
And brought her dad, Jim, in on the final picture.
It's was so good to see her and even though we have stayed in touch the past years, it has been twenty since we saw each other. So ya, wind and all, I was taking a selfie with her.
That afternoon Jordan and I went out to lunch together. Jordan is usually real good about smiling for pictures but couldn't quite pull a smile off for me yet after his surgery because of the anesthesia still remaining.
That evening I went to the ring ceremony and reception and guess who I saw?
Yes, Mary. Becky's son's new wife was her mission companion. I was totally surprised to see her there but loved seeing her!
While I was getting blown away that day, Brad and the kids were too. Well, back up, the first day was pretty temperate with regards to the weather. You will see the difference in the pictures that were taken. I don't know much of what is going on at the Dunes so if Brad wants to narrate the pictures later he can.
They went on a lot of rides:
Dug some sand pits and threw themselves in them:
And hung out with the group in the evening:
They also captured some cute family photos that evening:
The following day they did the same things but note the difference in the skyline.
They froze and I got the call from them letting me know that they didn't want to camp in the desert that evening but wanted a hotel. Even with that storm that rolled in, they had a great time together. Here's my favorite shot of Brad and Nick together enjoying that wind and cold and sand...okay they weren't enjoying that but they were enjoying each other's company.
Let me tell you when they got back there was sand everywhere and they brought the sand with them home. I have been fighting sand for two weeks. I'm finally getting it under control.
To end the post, just a few shots of us at the hotel together before we headed home.
No comments:
Post a Comment