Sunday, August 6, 2023

End of June -July 4th

Riley and Jake went to a wrestling camp in Wyoming with a few of their team mates.  I drove them there.  Another parent picked them up and drove them back.  These are a great bunch of kids.  




Jordan came for a quick visit home before the wedding.  We biked....




and did all the other Belt stuff that we normally do like hike and play in the water.  We also had a special visitor that Blue treed while Jordan was here.


We don't see as many bears now as we used to.  I don't know if it is because of Blue, we just sleep harder or they aren't passing through our yard as much but it is sure fun to see them when we do.

And we spent 4th of July together (kind of).  Not going to lie, there was a big fight between Riley, Ben and I over where they were going to be spending the 4th of July so Kenzie, Brad, Jake and I went rafting while Riley and Ben spent their day at the lake.  So you won't see them in the pictures here. But Kenzie, Brad, Jake and I had a lot of fun.  It was my second time rowing the cataraft.  Brad was helping me until I hit the bridge and almost killed us and then he made me row with Jake instead.  Here are some pictures when we took a lunch break.  Brad was really proud of his red, white and blue.














And here are a few pictures that Jake took as he and I rowed down the river together.  






Yes, the last one is him pretending he is terrified.  We made it safely down though.  Just want you to know that.  Learning things in your later years is tough.  I'm doing things I never thought I would do before.  In the last few years I have learned to weight lift, mountain bike, row a scull boat and now I'm learning how to navigate the river.  I'm not going to say I am a proficient cataraft rower yet because I'm not.  But, maybe with a few more summers under my belt I will get there.

That evening we had a barbecue and watched a drone display...this time with Riley and Ben. The drone show was 9 minute display that cost our city $45,000.  I'm also going to be honest here, it was a real disappointment.  Next year, I'm driving to see real ones.


Yes, that is supposed to be a raft going into whitewater.  I can see the raft at least.

While we were here celebrating Jordan was in Washington ocean fishing with his new in-laws.  While he was there he passed by my old home town, Elma.  Here are a few pics he sent us.



No comments:

Post a Comment