We flew as a family to Washington for Molly and Jordan's wedding. Not going to lie, flying as a family is a lot more adventurous than flying as an individual. Kenzie informed me there was airport "chic" dress. I didn't know that before.
Ben brought a pocket knife through the security checkpoint....oh and arrived home 5 minutes before we were to leave. Oh and also forgot his driver's license...good thing he has a college ID.
Brad was miserable. He hates to fly. Hurts his neck...and he gets sick.
But we had fun sitting together, having airport races (me trying to prove to my kids that I could arrive at the gate at the same time as them without walking on the walking escalators), driving a fancy rental car that Brad now wants to buy and meeting Molly's family for the first time. Karen and Steve were very gracious and had us all over for dinner that evening. Don't know how they did that with all the planning and preparing they had to do in the next few days.
The following day we weren't needed for wedding prep until 1 pm...so I enjoyed a lovely hike in the morning.
And after we headed to my mom and dad's house (the wedding venue was 30 minutes from my parent's home) where we met up with my family (all my siblings came) and Brad's sister, Nisa and her son, Cameron. It has been a while since we've seen Nisa so that was fun!
How does Brad take such poor pictures when he is posing? I don't really know is the answer. But Nisa looks cute in all of them. We went down to the beach that my kids used to play at when they were younger and they searched for hermit crabs while I got to enjoy being with my family. They found more than just hermit crabs.
After we went to the venue and I....ironed and ironed chair seats...really steam ironed. And then we went home to get ready for the rehearsal dinner. Which I didn't quite understand I was supposed to organize. I mean, I knew I was to provide dinner but other than that....but now I know and next time I'll do it better. On our way to the rehearsal dinner.
The morning of the wedding I picked up the flowers and did what I could until I had to leave to get ready. My father-in-law, Ron, helped set up the arch.
Then we went home to get ready. My kids had so much fun dressing fancy. And truly, they looked incredible.
Funny story to insert here. Jake got ready before Jordan got ready because Jordan got home later. When Jake put on his pants, they seemed to have shrunk. Jake showed me and I really didn't think much of it because Jake has been growing so much. It seemed a little strange to me that they were so short because it literally had only been a month since I ordered the pants, but not too strange and I just rolled with it As soon as Jordan had showered he began to dress. Then he asked where his tux was, he couldn't find it. Come to find out, Jake had dressed himself in Jordan's tux. That's why the pants were too short. Also note to self...next wedding don't put all the tuxes by each other.
Here's a few quick shots of Brad, Jordan and I before the ceremony.
Finally I'm going to post all my favorite pictures from the wedding here. Hold on...because there are a lot of great pictures. My sister-in-law, Nisa, was the photographer and her son, Cameron, was her assistant. They are not in any pictures because they are the ones taking them. I didn't get a candid of Cameron, but here are a couple pictures of the lovely photographer behind all these great photos.
Nisa's pictures will speak for themselves. I'm just including my favorites here.
Rehearsal Dinner:
Bridesmaids and bride pictures:
Wedding party:
Family:





















































































































No comments:
Post a Comment