Saturday, April 11, 2026

Spring Break with the kids

 I have never been to a music concert.  I mean, I've gone to watch Jake at a music concert but it was very small and didn't count because it was a local group.  So, I have never seen a famous singer perform music live.  Five years ago I made a bucket list and this was one of my bucket list items.  So, for my birthday my children all bought me a ticket to go see Jonah Kagen in concert.  Was I familiar with Jonah Kagen's music before this?  No.  But he is a favorite musician of a few of my kids so I trusted their taste.  Anyway, the concert date was the week of our spring break so Jake and I decided to go down to Utah for spring break to spend time with the kids.  We did try to convince Brad to come with us, but he was unconvincable, so we left anyway.

The first night we were there I got tickets to go see Fiddler on the Roof performed by the Ruth Hale theater in Pleasant Grove.  All my kids and my sister and brother in law went with me.  I loved it.  It wasn't broadway perfect but it was well done and fun to see.


That night Jake went home with Ben so Ben could show him around the college campus Jake will be attending next year.  Jordan, Mckenzie, Ben and Riley also all had school the next day and Molly had work so I spent the day with my sister at her home.  Together she and I made a cake for Ben.  It was his 22nd birthday and we celebrated and played games that evening.


That night I spend the night at McKenzie's.  She and I went for an early morning walk and breakfast and in the afternoon Molly, Ben, Mckenzie, Jake, Riley and I all went rock climbing.  While there is no picture evidence of this, I did climb 3/4 of a 5.8 climb.  I was proud of myslef.  Here are some cool pictures of some of the family climbing.





That evening was the Jonah Kagen concert and he was EXCELLENT.  I highly recommend seeing him in person.  His talent at playing the guitar, his humor, enthusiasm, band and voice made for a terrific show.















That evening I slept at Mckenzie's and Jordan sent a video clip of Jonah singing with a very loud person singing over Jonah and texted "Not Ben singing over Jonah Kagen." and I died laughing because all I could hear was Ben singin as loudly as he could and I couldn't help but think of all the people around him that came to hear Jonah sing and only heard Ben.  I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.  I laughed so hard that McKenzie couldn't stop laughing.  And then I laughed more because I know Ben drove Jordan crazy with all of his singing.  And then we teased Ben about it the next day and Ben said, "Ya.  I was trying to maximize my volume."  Ben, who maximizes their singing volume at a concert?


The next day we all went hiking up a canyon in Ogden and saw a beautiful stream and waterfall.














That evening we went to the Utah State Capitol and enjoyed the blossoming trees and a beautiful sunset.







To end the trip we went and had breakfast at Loki coffee where I had the best coffee I have ever tried that had ground up hazelnut home-made syrup mixed in.  It was so good!  I loved my spring break, the beautiful weather and the beautiful people I got to spend time with.  Thank you for the good moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment