Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday's Walk Down Memory Lane

Indulge me here:  I have so many pictures of the kids when they were younger that I haven't done anything with that I thought I would start a new post on Fridays entitled Friday's walk down memory lane. Here it goes:

Today's walk down Memory Lane features Jordan and Kenzie:  Ages 3 and 1
Location:  Idaho Falls, Idaho


I love her smile here.  She looks so mishchievious, doesn't she?

Do you know he once tried to drown her in the bathtub?  It is true, the shared baths stopped soon after.

Our best bathtime story actually does come from Jordan, around this age.  At the time of the incident Jordan was obsessed with bouncy balls.  He LOVED them and played with them constantly.  So, one day he's in the bath and he discovered something special. 
"Mom!" he yelled excitedly.  "Come here!"  (I don't know where I was, maybe in the other room dressing Kenzie.)
"What Jordan, what is it?"  
"I have BALLS!!!!!"
What do you say to that as a mom?  The direction this conversation was taking had not dawned on me yet and I answered, "Yes, Jordan, you do have balls."
Very sincerely and with the total innocence that only a young child can possess he then asked, "Can you get me some scissors so I can cut my balls out and play with them?"
Brad claims Jordan wanted a knife to cut them out, I say it was scissors.  I do not know that Brad was even there when all this happened, but he insists knife.  It doesn't really matter which Jordan said.  The fact was that Jordan wanted to cut them out because he thought they were BOUNCY BALLS.  We then had a quick and basic anatomy lesson emphasizing the point that they were not bouncy balls and that he would not like it one bit if he made any incisions in that general area.  Thank goodness we averted that distaster. 


1 comment:

  1. That is so absolutely hilarious!!! And such cute little kids.

    ReplyDelete