Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday Reflections 1/8/2012

It must be time for my children to go back to school and activities.  There's been a lot of fighting and name calling lately.  I find myself hiding deeper and deeper in the back recesses of the house to find refuge from the words idiot, retard and stupid and the retaliation of the other in response.  We had 2 weeks and 4 days off for Christmas break and during this time we had no scouts or wrestling and, despite the fact that they had friends over 4 of the last 6 days and an uncle that came and visited, my kids are listless.  They go back on Tuesday. 

This last week, Riley and Ben took it upon themselves to give Jake wrestling lessons.  You know, now that they have been wrestling for two months, they are quite expert.  They teach him referee's position, a double leg take down, how to step up and how to wing your opponent.  It's pretty funny to watch the two  6 and 7 year old coaches and their wrestler, Jake, trying to execute the moves they have taught him.  After the "practice", they live wrestle and take Jake down over and over and over.  I don't know how it could be any fun for Jake but he keeps coming back for more, so he must like it somewhat. 






2 comments:

  1. At the end of the break I was ready for a break of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was ready for school to start again too! I am glad you had a great Christmas and enjoyed your gift cards.
    We love you guys and miss you.

    ReplyDelete