Friday, September 24, 2021

Just Messing around at home.

It's obvious that I don't write in my blog much during the summer.  I don't because Brad goes and goes and goes. He is like the energizer bunny. Paddle/Peddle/Paddle or Boating/paddle or hike/paddle or vacation/paddle or work/paddle he is always going and dragging us along. I know I've said this before but I'm always a little glad when the summer is over because we play so hard and finally I get to rest and catch up. So, a huge picture dump of our summer is coming but this time I'm breaking the pictures into themes and separate posts.  This is the theme of what we do when we have nothing else to do and are at home, a rare occasion, here in Durango.

We exercise:
 Me after lifting weights after work.  Yes, I get tired.


We flex a lot after we exercise:

Then our dad makes fun of us and makes us all laugh and it's good for us:


We also mountain bike together and with friends




We dress up like crazy people:


Oh, no that's just Mckenzie doing her skin routine and messing around with my new scarf that she stole while playing with her kittens that her friend gave her for her brithday.  That's normal Kenzie.

We go on motorcyle rides and watch the sunset together and unknowingly pose like models and then your mom says, "Hold still Ben this will make the perfect Senior picture."


and your dad says, "Get me too Mom I look just as good."
We all know that's not true.

We hike our favorite local hike together when the boys dirtbike:

and on the hike we see the coolest rock ever placed in a tree and we post it on instagram with Adele's lyrics to make you feel my love cause that's how we roll.

We practice our kayaking/boating skills (that's what I mean by paddle) and torture our dog.
Yes, he is swimming for his life but yes, he almost kills himself by doing so.  Blue hates the river.  

We forge knives, or at least Jake does:

We read books and newspaper articles and keep cool quotes to post on our blog, or at least I do.


And also from an article I read in the WSJ, "Patience gives us choices."  Boy do I ever need to remember that one  (I am not the most patient of people).


Finally, we do prepare for birthdays that are coming up and find excellent recipes that we think everyone should have so we post it to our blog with a note to double the filling next time.  Thanks goes to King Arthur's baking website that posted this online. Try it, you will love it!
















One post down, 7 to go.  Please know these are not in chronological order and have taken place from June of this year through the end of September.

No comments:

Post a Comment