Friday, September 24, 2021

September travels and some football photos.

 So in September we took a quick family vacation.  Not a complete family vacation because Kenzie and Jordan were back at school and Ben was playing football.  Since we're on football, here's a few pics of Ben playing football.



He's playing defensive end and starts.  He's 43 (I'm pretty sure that was the first scrimmage because that's not his usual number) in the first photo and 19 in the second.  Look how small he is compared to the others!

On our September trip we went to Boise first to float the Boise river, the Payette river and to visit our good friends (who went to dental school with us) John and Annie.  I wish I had more pictures but I'm trying to not carry my phone as much, so no pictures of my beautiful friend, Annie, or her beautiful girls, Shelby, Libby, Ellie and Taesley (Annie and girls forgive me if I spelled those wrong).  Annie and her girls were on the Payette river with us but no phone and so no pics.  Anyway first couple of days were spent on the Boise fishing and fishing and fishing.

proof of life of me since I'm taking the pictures.

Riley concentrating while casting.  I took this to show him he still sticks out his tongue when he is really concentrating which I think is so cute and he hates that I notice.  He's done it ever since he was litte.

Jake was so persistent in his fishing but didn't hook one single fish.  Learning to fly fish is rough.


Riles caught a few.

After Boise we headed over to Idaho Falls to hook up with Kenzie for a day, see Ron and Cleta and float the Hoeback with a few more of our favorite people Jason, Nora and Nathan. 




The kids rowed our new boat, the Puma and had a bunch of fun.  Nora and Riles even got bucked off by Lunch Counter and swam a little.


Brad brought me in the driftboat that he made when he was a firefighter in Idaho Falls.

Look how young we were!

  Let me tell you after rowing that big tug of a cataraft on the Boise river rowing the driftboat was heaven. Brad let everyone take a turn that wanted to row it to feel how easily it flowed and turned down river.



Finally, on our drive home, we got to see Jeff , Autumn, Becca and JRyan after too many years of not seeing them.  No pictures because again the phone thing.  And on the final push home, Brad took Jake and I hiking around in Moab.






He did get me a little stuck but with some ingenuity and Jake's strength was able to pull me out.



No comments:

Post a Comment