Recently Jordan had to write an anecdote for his English class and Kenzie had to write about a scary experience for her English class. Both of them wrote about dirt bike crashes. I thought they were good, so I decided to put them on here for archiving purposes.
Jordan's:
The Taste of Dirt
Dirt tastes like raw potato skins. It feels gritty as if you have a mouthful of rough rocks. It leaves you choking on a cloud of dust. I would know because I've eaten it.
When I was seven I was riding my dirt bike when I heard a loud sound coming from the sky. I looked up searching for the source and found a big triagular air force bomber flying above me. Unfortunately, I didn't watch where I was going. One second I was staring at the huge bomber and the next thing I knew I was face down on the ground with a mouthful of dirt.
After I crashed I was a little stunned. I willed myself to get up. I dusted myself off, readjusted my helmet, got on my dirt bike and kept riding. Fourtunately, I didn't break any bones but I did discover I don't like eathing dirt.
Mckenzie's:
When I was nine years old, Monday, September 18, 2011, I cut my neck. It all started when my dad told me I had to ride the motorcycle track in our backyard. Before thinking, I agreed and I did the first part of the track. Then my dad told me to do the second part of the track. Soon after my younger brother, Ben, showed me a shortcut to the second part of the track. All at once I found myself going down a steep, small hill gripping the brake tightly. Suddenly, I hit a big, gray rock, let go of the brake and pinned the throttle. Then I careened over the burm and my bike went through the gap in the wire gate that was there and hit a tree. Unfortunately, my neck was caught in the wire. I spun around twice, hit the ground and fainted. When I woke up my dad and brothers were kneeling beside me. My dad told my brother, Ben, to run and tell mom to fill a bag with ice and bring it to him. Ben asked what he should say if Mom asked him why and Dad told him not to say anything that he would tell her. In the minutes Ben was gone, I learned why my neck had gone numb. I had a shallow cut in it but it still hurt. When Ben came back, Dad helped me walk to the house. I stayed home from school for the next few days. On Thursday, I went to school. When I cut my neck I was really scared but a few months later I learned how to ride the track on my mom's motorcycle with a short cut around the spot where I crashed.
No comments:
Post a Comment