Okay Folks, this is where the whole dating thing gets fuzzy and I don't remember much. A few things I do remember: In the beginning I couldn't get rid of Brad fast enough and he caught on around the 2nd or 3rd date, I'm not sure which. He happened to notice something was awry when we both showed up to a Spanish movie at BYU that we were required to watch for our Spanish classes (we were not in the same class) and an Elder from our mission happened to be there too. All I could think is, "Please don't let Elder (Brad) sit next to me. I don't want Elder (I can't remember his name) to think we are dating." He did sit by me and I ignored him the whole time. Then, when the movie was over, I quickly got up and left without saying a word. Our date after this, Brad came prepared to say, and did say by the way, that he could see I didn't really want to date him and that it would be our final date. When he said it, I felt like I should have said it first and it left me confused and not sure how to act next. Somehow, as we started talking we decided to keep dating anyway. He made me cinnamon rolls and claims to this day that this is what changed my mind. Really, I just enjoyed being with him, he made me laugh and so I thought, "what can it hurt to keep dating him." That was the beginning of my change of heart. I finally just let go of the two facts that he was younger and a missionary from my mission and started seeing him as a person.
Sometime during this time I had an experience (that I won't share here because it is private) that completely floored me and changed how I felt about the whole dating Brad thing. I knew I was going to marry him. Brad calls this the "Marry me or leave me forever" stage of our dating and claims that I gave him that ultimatum. I didn't. I did put a stop to our dating for a while around valentine's day. That was my decision. I wanted to give him some time away from me to think about how he felt. He came back on Valentine's day, said he couldn't live without me (okay, maybe I'm exaggerating here) and by March we were engaged shocking both of our families and instigating HUGE rumours in our mission.
No comments:
Post a Comment