I gained 7 lbs. at Christmas....7! When did my body have the great ability to gain weight so quickly? Is it because I'm nearing the age of 40? Literally, no joke here, it only took me one week to gain those lovely pounds. That's never happened to me before. Maybe it is because I haven't run in three months. I have been working out though...with Tony. You'd think that was enough. To fight back I started the 17 day diet. One is supposed to lose 12 lbs. in 17 days. HA! I am eating pretty healthy though so I can't complain and I have lost some weight. I won't say how much here. I've also stayed away from sweets and sugar for a whole 11 days now. (If you know the inherited sweet tooth my family has you'd know how amazing that is.) Even on Valentine's Day. Those sugar cookies I made for my 5 lovely children called to me but willpower conquered weakness. I can do hard things...or at least I keep telling myself that.
Ben had a Fairy Tale Ball at school and wore this dragon costume.
It's size 3T. Don't ask me how he got it on. He is amazing.
Red got sprayed by a skunk this week and then ran inside my house covered in skunk smell. I got him out but my house smelled like skunk. It dissipated somewhat the next day but Red hangs around all the doors and I could still smell it. The straw that broke the camel's back was when I visited Brad at work and found out that the other doctors had doused him (Brad) in cologne to cover up the skunk smell that he emanated. Action needed to be taken...we couldn't keep smelling like skunk...and since Brad was working a twelve hour shift, the resposibility fell to me. It was quite the experience...tomato paste, hydrogen peroxide/baking soda/soap mix and shampoo. I didn't have the heart to bathe him outside (besides I didn't want to be cold myself) so lucky for me we have a huge 1980s jetted tub that we never use. It was the perfect entrapment for our 60 lb. dog although there were a few near escapes for Red.
Too bad for Red that soap is slippery making escape nearly impossible for four footed canines (or anyone covered head to toe in soap for that matter) and thank goodness I had the Pro, Jordan Belt, to help me wrestle that soapy mess back into the tub. The smell was so terrible in the early morning I was seriously debating attempting it myself and it would have been an utter failure on my part and certain death for the victor Red had I attempted this on my own.
Once the job was completed I'm not such a doggy lover that I let him stay inside to dry off. I toweled him off and tried to dry him the best that I possibly could with my hair dryer but eventually I had to send him out in the frigid winter night air still somewhat damp. Upon taking him out of his doghouse in the morning I was relieved to find him still living and not a doggy-cicle. I'm happy to report my house and its inhabitants skunk smell free.






YUK! What a job. I'd be delighted to have a tough big boy help me with the job, especially since he doesn't mind being sloppily, messily covered in sudsy tomatoy soap. But at least Brad didn't have to go to work stinky. That must have been embarrassing for him. Give the kids a big hug from us.
ReplyDelete