Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday Reflections 2/5/2012

R-tard, resol and steward.  These are the new words my children are using with each other.  See if you can think what they mean and I will reveal their meanings in a moment.

These words remind me of a name that my sister made up for me once....Womba.  We were in the car when Anjee got mad at me for some reason and called me a Womba, whatever that meant.  My mother, not liking the tone my sister said it with, said in her stern voice, "Anjee I don't like that word one bit!  Stop calling your sister it."  To which my sister replied, "What Mom?  It's my nickname for Chelsey.  Womba woman.  It means tough, right Chels?" I thought the word was funny so I became Anjee's accomplice, "Yep.  It means tough mom.  It's a good word."  So Womba Woman became Anjee's nickname for me throughout the rest of our high school years together.  The moral in this, when your kids call each other wierd names, just ignore it or they'll stick.

I'm sure you can figure out r-tard.  That one's not too difficult.  Resol,  I'll give you a hint: spell it backwards.  And steward....it's code for stupid.  Unfortunately for my children (my younger ones are the ones to use this), steward has a true meaning which has no connection to being stupid at all so I guess I'll have to nip that one in the bud. 


As you already know, Jake's birthday was this last week.  I had to talk him out of the batman cake I made for him last year as I don't like decorating repeat cakes.  I talked him into a star wars cake.  After the decorating was all done, I wished I hadn't.


That star wars logo was a lot more difficult to decorate than I thought it would be.  If I had been smart, I would have just cut out a template and bought the spray frosting paint that you can buy at Michael's and been done with it...but I wasn't that smart.  Fortunately for me, crooked star wars logos don't matter to a 4 year old. 



We had an awesome snow storm Thursday night, Friday and part of Saturday morning.  We ended up with about 14 inches.  The kids had Friday off and we sledded, baked cookies and played with friends.  Of course, I only got a picture of the snow and none of the kids.


So here's a picture of them crowding me right now while I'm writing this post.



Which means I better sign off for the night before this post gets any more sorry than it already is.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Cake! Happy Birthday Jake. I can't believe how fast you are growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhh...I think you used some creative writing in your walk down memory lane this week. Because I remember how you got the nickname Womba woman Heather was spending the night and we were all laughing hysterically as we did as it got late and Heather, you, and I all made up nicknames for each other, Remember you and Heather nicknamed me Wonchy Weirdleader? We were all laughing and it was in our room in the basement not in the car and mom was not even around to comment on our nicknames although I am sure she wouldn't approve. So I have to say that you are remebering incorrectly and if you don't remember calling me wonchy weirleader and us being silly with Heather...well I just don't know what to say...?????

    ReplyDelete